Alison Anne Bailey MBACP (Advanced Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy)
Hello I'm Alison and I began my counselling career over 15 years ago, after overcoming some very difficult times of my own. I truly know how important your relationship with your counsellor is so I offer to meet you at no cost and no obligation at a place of your choosing so you can decide if I am the right person to help you.
My approach is friendly, natural and truly empathic. I work with each person as the unique individual that they are, understanding that the problems and challenges that we all face in our lives affects us in a unique way. I offer therapy at your home, at my practice in Newquay, over the phone, via Skype or at your preferred place which could even be on the beach!
I have helped many people explore and understand troubling thoughts and feelings such as depression and anxiety, and specific issues including social phobia, OCD, eating disorders, adoption and very many more (please contact me if you have any questions regarding your specific issues). My own personal experience of overcoming difficult life events helps me to give an even deeper understanding.
What can I help with?
Sometimes you need someone to listen to you when you are feeling low, someone who is unconnected from your situation, who won't be judging or advising, simply listening with care and understanding.
Life can sometimes feel completely overwhelming and I offer you time and space to explore and understand your troubling thoughts and feelings in a safe and supportive environment. I understand that talking to someone about personal and painful issues may seem very daunting, therefore I offer our first session at no cost or obligation.
I will help you to express what you are thinking, feeling and experiencing. I will value your identity, treat you with respect and dignity, and help you find a way out of your difficulties.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include:
- Advanced Level Psychology 
- Cert Counselling Skills 
- Cert Counselling Theory 
- Advanced Cert Counselling Skills and Theory 
- Advanced Diploma Counselling and Psycotherapy 
Courses I have undertaken to develop my skills and awareness include:
- Adult Learning for people with Learning Difficulties (NOCN) 
- Play Therapy 
- Working Creatively with Clients 
- Dual Diagnosis 
- Solution-Focussed Communication 
- Psychologically Informed Responses to People with Personality Disorder Difficulties 
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) 
- Child Protection [Fully up to date]
- Working with Vulnerable Adults [Fully up to date]
I have also worked extensively as a Group Facilitator with:
- Social Anxiety
- Social Coaching
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Creative Therapy
- Emotional Eating
- plus many more.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
We can meet at my practice in Newquay, Cornwall or even via Skype. Please contact me if you would like any more details about me and my service and to arrange your free session. We can meet weekly, fortnightly or monthly, whichever you feel suits your lifestyle.
Your introductory session is free of charge.
Subsequent therapy sessions last for one hour and are £60 per session for individual therapy or £80 per session for couples/family therapy.
If you pay in advance I currently offer the following discounts:
5% off 5 sessions
(individuals £57 per session // couples and families £76)
10% off 10 sessions
(individuals £54 per session // couples and families £72)
You can pay on the day in cash or securely online with a credit or debit card on my website www.alisonannetherapy.com
How can I contact you?
You can call me on 07792 372 122 or email me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to arrange your free introductory session.
Types of client