Alice Jones Registered MBACP
Hello and a very warm welcome to my profile page.
When life becomes overwhelming we can struggle to make sense of everything and see a way forward. Perhaps you are feeling confused, anxious, angry or lacking self worth?
How Counselling Can Help
- I can offer you a safe, confidential space where together we can explore your concerns, fears and feelings.
- Sometimes speaking with someone impartial can be helpful unlike talking with friends and family, with the fear of upsetting or burdening them or not feeling understood.
- As a counsellor I will not judge you but I will listen, respect and accept you as you are. As the client you are in control of what is discussed and the pace at which the therapy proceeds.
- At times counselling can be difficult and challenging as awkward feelings or perhaps painful memories may be experienced, however by working through and exploring these, change can be possible.
As an Integrative Counsellor, I use the following counselling approaches individually tailored to your needs:
- Person-centred - accepting the individual as they are and believing they have the capacity within themselves to change and achieve their full potential, given the right therapeutic conditions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - changing unhelpful thoughts and behaviours which have been accumulated through life experiences.
- Psychodynamic - understanding the ways in which unconscious processess and past experiences shape present behaviour.
I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and adhere to their ethical framework in my practice.
What To Expect
After a 30 minute assessment to see if you feel we can work together and to help me gain an overview of your issues, we would generally meet on a weekly basis.
I offer six sessions initially however the number of sessions required depends on individual circumstances. A session lasts 50 minutes.
White Friars Counselling & Psychotherapy is located at 14A St Werburgh Street, which is off Eastgate Street and close to the cathedral, in central Chester.
On arrival at the Centre please press the buzzer for the corresponding room where I am working and I will open the door for you electronically.
Parking is available in the Grosvenor Shopping Centre, Pepper Street or Market car parks which are approximately 5 minutes walk from St Werburgh Street.
Please note all counselling rooms are upstairs and there is no lift.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Member MBACP, BACP Certificate of Proficiency
HE CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
I work in private practice at White Friars Counselling & Psychotherapy, 14A St Werburgh Street, Chester, CH1 2DY. I have also volunteered as a bereavement counsellor for the Western Cheshire Bereavement Service based at the Hospice of The Good Shepherd, Backford, Chester, CH2 4DG.
My particular experience has been in assisting clients deal with stress, anxiety, depression, bereavement, grief and loss.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
The initial 30 minute assessment is £25.00, thereafter the fee is £45.00 per session.
Fees are payable at the end of each session by cash, debit or credit card
If you would like any more information or further clarification do give me a call or send me an email or text.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please note counselling rooms are up stairs and the building does not have a lift
Day time and evening appointments
Types of client