Alexandra Wyld. BSc Crim & Psyc, Dip Integrative Counselling, MBACP (Registered)
Stress, anger, anxiety and/or addictions dominating your life and limiting you from achieving your goals or compromising your values? This is your first step towards unhooking yourself and moving through life again.
In a safe and confidential space I offer you
- Engagement in a non-judgmental and supportive environment
- Facilitation of you, your values and goals in therapy
- A safe and understanding space for you to explore your current problems
- Over 6 years experience and knowledge of mental health and therapy.
- Short and long term counselling to support your needs
- An integrative approach, working from an ever developing toolbox of my own making to enable me to support you with whatever you feel works right now.
Alongside my private work I am a Primary Care Therapist with Atrium Clinic Therapy Center, in a forensic setting. Based within the HM Prison service I work with young adults and adult offenders, where most commonly, similar to the general population and my private work, I work with clients accessing counselling due to development and persistence of intrusive negative thinking, addictions, anger and stress
Please visit my website for further information about myself, my training and my practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling inclusive of Person Centered, Gestalt, Transaction Analysis and Solution Focused therapy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling within a drug and alcohol misuse service with clients on a short term basis.
- Counselling in a long term community counselling service.
- Counselling young adult and adult males within the HM Prison Service.
I have experience of working with various issues such as depression, bereavement, self harm, relationship issues and have a focus on working with people struggling with addictions (drugs, alcohol, sex, gambling), anger, anxiety and stress.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial 30 minute assessment either phone or face to face.
Central London £65 per session
Skype Sessions £50 per session
Payment is by bank transfer or cash and this will be discussed at initial contact, before sessions.