Alexandra Wyld. BSc Crim & Psyc, Dip Integrative Counselling, MBACP (Registered)
Borough House Rooms
78-80 Borough High Street
Hi and thank you for wanting to find out a bit more about my work and how we can work together.
I understand that accessing therapy and finding the right counsellor can be appear daunting and I hope the information I provide here helps you in making a decision right for you.
In a safe and confidential space I offer you
- Engagement in a non-judgmental and supportive environment
- Facilitation of you, your values and goals in therapy
- A safe and understanding space for you to explore your current problems
- Over 6 years experience and knowledge of mental health and therapy.
- Short and long term counselling to support your needs
- An integrative approach, working from an ever developing toolbox of my own making to enable me to support you with whatever you feel works right now.
Alongside my private work I am a Primary Care Therapist with Atrium Clinic Therapy Center, in a forensic setting. Based within the HM Prison service I work with young adults and adult offenders, where most commonly, similar to the general population and my private work, I work with clients accessing counselling due to development and persistence of intrusive negative thinking, stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression and self harm.
Please visit my website for further information about myself, my training and my practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling inclusive of Person Centered, Gestalt, Transaction Analysis and Solution Focused therapy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Experience working within a drug and alcohol misuse service with clients on a short term basis.
- Working in a long term community counselling service with people for up to 3 years.
- Working with young adult and adult males within the HM Prison Service.
I have outlined below the most prevalent issues I have worked with and have experience working with.
- LGBTQ issues
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Low mood
- Anxiety, Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Aggression and Violence
- Childhood issues
- Relationship problems
- ADHD coupled with mental health issues
- Personality disorder
- Infidelity, Affairs
- Bereavement and Loss
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
Free initial 30 minute assessment either phone or face to face.
Central London £65 per session
South London £55 per session
Skype Sessions £45 per session
Concessions available, please contact to discuss further
Payment is by bank transfer or cash and this will be discussed at initial contact, before sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer Skype sessions to ensure I am able to offer flexibility and accessibility to therapy
Wednesday all day. Fortnightly sessions available on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. Skype sessions available with flexibility.
Types of client