Alexandra Wyld. BSc Crim & Psyc, Dip Integrative Counselling, MBACP (Registered)
Hi I'm Alex and I have been a qualified practising counsellor for 5 years. I am a Primary Care Therapist with Atrium Clinic Tharpy Centre forensic setting, based within the HM Prison service working with young adults and adult offenders, where most commonly similarily to the genral population and my private work, I work with clients access counselling due to development and perisistance of interusive negative thinking, anxiety, panic attacks, depression and self harm.
Alongside this work, I work as a private counsellor, I am a integrative client-led therapist, working to facilitate you in your understanding of your self, your thoughts, your feelings, and your behaviour.
I understand it can be a daunting task to search for a counsellor who you will be feel you will be able to develop a good and trusting relationship with. To ensure both you and I have the opportunity to explore this, I will use our initial sessions (up to 3) for us to get to know why you feel right now you need extra support and to offr you a space to explore the difficulties you are currently facing. I use this time also for me to understand your wants at this time from counselling and for you to ask questions and get a feel for how we will progress. If you do wish to continue with me we can contract for 6 sessions and review how you wish to move forward at that time.
Please visit my website for further information about myself and my practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Humanistic Counselling inclusive of person centred, gestalt, transaction analysis
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Experience working within a drug and alcohol misuse service with clients on a short term basis.
- Working in a long term community counselling service with people for up to 3 years.
- Working with young adult and adult males within the HM Prison Service on a short term basis.
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Low mood
- Anxiety/Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Aggression and Violence
- Childhood issues
- Relationship problems
- Personality disorders
- ADHD coupled with mental health issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
Central London £65 per session
South London £50 per session
Payment is by bank transefer and this will be discussed at initial contact, before sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday day time in South London, Wednesday evening Central London, near Victoria Station
Types of client