ALEXANDRA MAEJA RAICAR ~ Therapist and Supervisor
8 Feering Road
I offer a range of therapies to help clients who are troubled and unhappy and wish to heal from childhood and adult wounding and other trauma, relationship and family losses, and to live more fully in the present.
I work in an integrative way, using Psychotherapy and Metaphysical Counselling, and drawing on NLP (NeuroLinguistic Programming) and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) as appropriate, to facilitate whole-person healing.
I qualified as an attachment-based psychoanalytic psychotherapist in 1994, and have provided supervision since 2006 to therapists and counsellors from different orientations.
I also qualified as a parent/infant psychotherapist in 1995, and developed with social work colleagues in the mid-1990s a brief child and family attachment programme for adoptive, foster and step-families. Our learning from it was published as Child-Centred Attachment Therapy (CcAT), UKCP/Karnac series. (2009).
I have worked in the field of fostering and adoption for 20 years as a therapist, and provided counselling support to birth parents, adult adoptees and adoptive parents.
I have a multicultural background straddling three continents, and so am particularly interested in working with the rich diversity of intercultural and minority issues that arise through difference.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Attachment-based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, training with CAPP (Center for Attachment Based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, now known as The Bowlby Centre) (1994)
- Parent/Infant Psychotherapist, School of Infant Mental Health (1995)
- Diploma in Supervision, Karuna Institute, Devon (2009)
- Certificate in Supervision, IATE (The Institute of Arts and Therapy in Education) (2007)
- NLP Master Practitioner, INLPTA (2008)
- EFT Advanced Practitioner, AAMET (2017)
- Diploma in Crystal Therapy, ICCH (2004)
- M.Sc. in the Sociology of Health and Illness (Polytechnic of the South Bank) (1983)
- B.A. (Hons.) English (Birkbeck College) (1974)
- CQSW (North London Polytechnic) (1974)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Metaphysical Counselling, which can hugely empower clients to take charge of their lives and self-healing.
£50 per hour; concessions available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I see clients in Billericay during the day, and currently have limited availability in the early evening on Thursdays and Fridays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|