Alexandra Batten MBACP - Mandala Counselling Services
Hello and welcome. How can I help?
Do things seem overwhelming at the moment? Do you need someone to talk to make sense of what you are feeling? Do you feel that no-one understands you or do you find it difficult to share your thoughts and feelings honestly for fear of how others may react? I am here to listen. I can offer a safe, calm and empathic space for you to begin to explore what is happening for you right now.
Therapy offers an opportunity to feel properly heard and to be able to think about and work through any issues at your own pace, without the pressure of feeling judged or misunderstood.
I won't give advice but I will help you explore your situation to find ways of making the right choices for you. I believe that we all have the ability to make changes in our lives by developing greater understanding through exploration of difficult and sometimes painful emotions which hopefully help us gain insight into the problems we face.
I may also use relaxation techniques, mindfulness and body-awareness to help you understand and deal with the anxiety around the problems you are experiencing.
What I offer
I believe that the quality of our relationship is the key to a successful outcome and so our first meeting is an important opportunity to get to know one another, to share information and to begin to develop a way of working together that feels right for you.
- Professional and confidential, one-to-one counselling (aged 18 and over).
- Relationship & Couples Counselling
- Employee Counselling in the workplace, for organisations who would like to offer counselling to their employees (either at my counselling rooms or on-site)
Central to my work is a commitment to:
- Ongoing professional supervision
- Working within the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions (2018)
- Undertake regular ongoing CPD training (Continued Professional Development) to develop and expand my skills and knowledge
I am a fully qualified and insured integrative counsellor with experience of working with a broad range of presenting issues and with clients from diverse backgrounds. I am a Registered member (MBACP) of the BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) which is in turn an accredited member of the Professional Standards Authority. http://www.professionalstandards.org.uk/
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
Certificate of Higher Education in Psychodynamic Counselling (University of Leicester)
I have worked in a variety of settings with people from diverse backgrounds and with a wide variety of presenting issues and complex needs. Because of my experience I can tailor my approach to offer a unique way of working with you that specifically meets your needs and in a way that feels safe and comfortable for you.
I have worked as a therapist with a number of charitable organisations and within hospice care and further education environments; working with a wide spectrum of client issues. For many years I worked as a volunteer counsellor with a women's charity that aimed to transform the lives of women with complex needs, who face multiple disadvantage or who are victims of abuse and trauma. I am currently a volunteer counsellor working with a charity supporting male victims of sexual abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am registered with PODS: Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors, to say that I am willing to work with clients diagnosed or suspected of having DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder).
Photos & videos
- £20 initial/introductory consultation
- £40 Individual Counselling - per 50 minute session
- £60 Relationship/couples counselling - per 50 minute session
- £30 discounted rate for POLICE (first 10 sessions)
- £30 Counselling Students (first 30 sessions)
- I offer a small number of discounted rates for people on low income or benefits. Please ask for availability.
- Workplace counselling through your employer is negotiated separately.
I practice from my therapy room in the beautiful village of Market Bosworth.
Disabled access is available via a lift as the room is on the first floor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays & Sat morning in Market Bosworth. Please contact me for available times.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|