Alex Francis, BA Hons, PG Dip, MBACP
20 Prince Edwards Road
07588 786 060
No matter what challenges life is throwing at you right now, I believe a brighter future is possible. Contact me for a free initial meeting to see how I could help you towards a happier life.
There are a number of reasons why you might be considering counselling. You may be:
- Experiencing anxiety, including Generalised Anxiety Disorder, stress or depression.
- Struggling to come to terms with a loss or bereavement.
- Worried about your own or a loved one’s use of drugs or alcohol, or other addictions.
- Facing possibly life changing decisions about work, marriage, relationship issues or friendships.
- Having the same negative, repetitive thoughts about yourself or others.
- Experiencing abuse in the workplace or at home.
- Feeling stuck in the same damaging patterns of behaviour.
- Sensing life could be better, without being able to put your finger on what’s missing.
- Feeling you want to change, but don’t (yet) believe change is possible.
These are just some of the issues clients have come to see me with. The most important thing is to know you don't need to face these or any other issues alone.
I believe everyone is unique. That you are unique. You have your own way of relating to yourself, other people, and the world around you. Therefore there is no “one size fits all” in how I approach therapy.
If you choose to work with me, I will aim to tailor a way of working that feels right for you, which may also change and develop as we get to know each other better. I believe in regularly checking that you are comfortable with the approach we take, including the pace that we work at.
I strongly believe that the way things are for you now, are not how they always need to be. I want to help you find your own way of experiencing life that is closer to how you want it to be.
It’s all about relationships
I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about how I work and whether counselling, with me, is the right choice for you. This is one reason I offer a free initial meeting. You can also learn more by visiting my website: www.downsviewcounselling.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Merit, University of Brighton
- "Working wth Concerned Relatives Affected by Drug &/or Alcohol Use Counselling Training Course", Cranstoun, Brighton.
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Sussex Downs College
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Interpersonal Skills, Sussex Downs College
- BA (Honours) Social Anthropology, minor Sociology, University of Toronto, Canada
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Third Culture Kids, Disenfranchised Grief, Ambiguous Loss, supporting Family and Friends of those with Alcohol and Drug issues.
Photos & videos
I charge £45 an hour for a 50 minute session. Please contact me about concessions.
There is more information on my website: www.downsviewcounselling.co.uk. If you would like to book an initial free meeting, please do get in touch.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please do contact me if accessibility may be an issue for you to discuss whether the therapy room I usually use would be suitable.
Sessions available weekdays and some evenings.
Types of client