Alex Francis, BA Hons, PG Dip, MBACP
Coronavirus update: I am using Zoom to continue seeing clients during the current crisis.
Are you feeling sad, anxious or lost? Are you struggling with relationships, or stuck in familiar negative thoughts or behaviour?
Sometimes life’s challenges can seem overwhelming, making it hard to know which way to turn. I believe counselling can help you find a path to a brighter future.
What I offer
At the heart of what I offer is a safe, non-judgmental space for you to explore whatever has brought you to counselling.
I draw from a range of what are known as Humanistic approaches. Whether you’re most comfortable thinking through problems, or exploring your feelings and emotions, or prefer to focus on actions and behaviour, we would find a way to work together that’s the right fit for you.
How I can help
I have experience working with anxiety, stress, depression, relationship issues, loss or bereavement, loneliness, men’s issues, drug or alcohol problems and many of life’s other challenges. I have worked with both men and women from many different backgrounds and cultures and have a particular interest in issues that can come from moving between cultures.
You can call or email me to arrange a low-cost introductory session, to see how we might get along, or you can learn more about how I work by visiting my website:
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Merit, University of Brighton.
- "Domains of Transference in Relational Transactional Analysis", Helena Hargaden DPsych, MSc, Worthing.
- "Relationship Training", Pavilions Family and Carers Tea, Brighton.
- "Working with Concerned Relatives Affected by Drug &/or Alcohol Use Counselling Training Course", Cranstoun, Brighton.
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills, Sussex Downs College
- NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Interpersonal Skills, Sussex Downs College
- BA (Honours) Social Anthropology, minor Sociology, University of Toronto, Canada
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Third Culture Kids, Disenfranchised Grief, Ambiguous Loss, supporting Family and Friends of those with Alcohol and Drug issues, men's issues.
Photos & videos
I charge £45 an hour for a 50 minute session. Please contact me about concessions.
There is more information on my website: www.downsviewcounselling.co.uk. If you would like to book an initial free meeting, please do get in touch.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
For clients with accessibility issues, I also see clients online using Zoom.
Sessions available weekdays and some evenings.
Types of client