Ales Zivkovic CTA(P) MSc (TA Psych), UKCP Reg - Psychotherapist and Counsellor
566 Chiswick High Road
07557 516 290
I'm a UKCP registered/accredited psychotherapist and counsellor. I qualified as a Certified Transactional Analyst in Psychotherapy field (CTA-P) and hold MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy. I have gained extensive experience working with clients both within my private practice, as well as in clinical setting of NHS.
I provide individual, couples and group therapy and also provide therapy to trainee psychotherapists and counsellors.
I specialise in identity related issues, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, relationship issues, traits of personality disorders and eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder) and other issues with fundaments of compulsive behaviour or addiction.
As an advocate of therapy that addresses the cause rather than the symptom, I tend to engage in focused, transparent and effective therapeutic process.
We can decide to work together either in short-term therapy and tackle a particular issue that burdens you. Or we can decide to work longer-term and endeavour on the path of a deeper exploration and change of you as a person and your relationships.
I am an experienced and qualified psychotherapist as a Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) in the psychotherapy field. I have my private psychotherapy practice in North London.
I also worked in clinical setting within NHS, where I worked with individuals and groups on primary level at a large GP surgery in SW London. I have experience working with the widest variety of presenting issues, as well as clients from the broadest spectrum of demographic, socio-economic, career, gender and sexuality, ethnical and cultural backgrounds.
I also gained experience on secondary mental health level as honorary psychotherapy counsellor within NHS Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) in London.
Other issues I work with
Some of the most common issues I have successfully worked with in the past year are:
- relationship issues
- addiction (including “love” addiction and social media addiction)
- identity issues (including professional identity)
- traits of personality disorders
- stress and burnout
- eating disorders
- panic attacks
- abuse etc.
The beginning of therapy
My work with new clients starts an initial assessment session (50min). During this time we will determine whether we will work together and, if so, how. We might decide to engage in short-term therapy with a very clear outcome. Or we might decide to take more time and embark on a deeper more explorative journey. Whatever we do will be done in a clear agreement between us.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) in psychotherapy field awarded by EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy awarded by Middlesex University
- Transactional Analysis Counsellor (Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling / based on advanced psychotherapy clinical training)
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis Practice (issued by UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- UKATA Transactional Analysis Award
- Transactional Analysis Practitioner (Diploma issued by The Psychopolis Institute)
- Advanced Transactional Analysis (TA) training in Redecision Therapy
- Process Group Therapy Training
- Psychotherapy Counsellor within NHS GP surgery in South West London
- Leading Process Group Psychotherapy sessions for individuals with complex psychological and emotional needs (traits of personality disorders, severe depression and anxiety etc.) within NHS
- Honorary psychotherapy counsellor at Central and North West London (CNWL) Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
- Private psychotherapy practice (Ales Zivkovic Psychotherapy and Counselling Primrose Hill & Belsize Park) in Central and North London (individual therapy, couples therapy, group therapy, online therapy)
Organisations, Associations, Professional Bodies
- UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- ITAA (International Transactional Analysis Association)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in identity issues, relationship issue, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, traits of personality disorders and eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder) and other issues with fundaments in compulsive behaviour or addiction.
For more details about fees, please see my website: http://psychotherapylondon.org/
Fees are negotiated with each individual client based on their circumstances and the number of sessions. Initial session fee is £100 for individuals and £120 for couples.
I provide reduced fees to trainee psychotherapists and counsellors.
I offer a limited number of low-cost spaces for clients on lower income.
I work in the following areas:
1) Central London and North London -- predominantly Primrose Hill, Belsize Park, Camden, Swiss Cottage, Hampstead.
2) West London -- Chiswick Park
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available from 8am to 9pm on weekdays (upon agreement also on weekends).
Types of client