Ales Zivkovic MSc PTSTA(P) CTA(P) - Psychotherapist (UKCP reg) & Counsellor
I’m a fully qualified and experienced Psychotherapist (UKCP Reg), Counsellor, Supervisor, and Trainer.
I hold an MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy from the Middlesex University and am a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) and Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy). I also have a Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling.
My experience in clinical psychotherapy and counselling work goes back to my work in NHS setting where I conducted individual and group psychotherapy. I now work in my private practice in Central London (Marylebone W1G and Mayfair W1K) and North London (Primrose Hill NW1). I also provide clinical supervision and professional consultation to qualified psychotherapists and counsellors, as well as trainees. I am also a teacher/trainer of the last year of clinical psychotherapy training.
I work with issues of developmental trauma (adults with history of childhood trauma/neglect), abuse, identity, personality disorders, dependency, eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder), depression, anxiety, relationship issues, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive issues, and addiction.
In my clinical work I combine various TA approaches with concepts of psychodynamic psychotherapy. I have also been systematically integrating concepts of Expressive Psychotherapy and Transference-Focused Psychotherapy (TFP) both into clinical practice, as well as in theory development.
As a psychotherapist and counsellor, I predominantly work with individuals and groups.
I am also a clinical supervisor to qualified and trainee psychotherapists and counsellors. As a supervisor, I am included on the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Supervisory Directory.
I am actively involved in furthering of transactional analysis and psychotherapy theory, which I regularly publish in refereed journals and present at national and international conferences.
In addition to my current clinical/psychotherapy, supervision, and training work, I also used to practice in clinical setting within NHS, where I worked with individuals and groups on primary level at a large GP surgery in SW London. I have experience working with the widest variety of presenting issues, as well as degrees of complexity. This entails clients from the broadest spectrum of demographic, socio-economic, career, sexuality, ethnical and cultural backgrounds.
I also have experience from secondary mental health level as honorary psychotherapy counsellor within NHS Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) in London.
Other issues I work with
Some of the most common issues I have successfully worked with in the past year are:
- personality disorders
- relationship issues
- addiction (including “love” addiction and social media addiction)
- identity issues
- traits of personality disorders
- stress and burnout
- eating disorders
- panic attacks
- abuse etc.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) awarded by EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy awarded by Middlesex University
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) in Psychotherapy field awarded by EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- Transactional Analysis Counsellor (Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling / based on advanced psychotherapy clinical training)
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis Practice (issued by UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- UKATA Transactional Analysis Award
- Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Trainer - Central and North London
- Private psychotherapy and counselling practice in Central and North London
- Psychotherapy Counsellor within NHS GP surgery in South West London
- Group Psychotherapy facilitator for individuals with complex psychological and emotional issues (traits of personality disorders, severe depression and anxiety etc.) within NHS
- Honorary psychotherapy counsellor at Central and North West London (CNWL) Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
Organisations, Associations, Professional Bodies
- UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- ITAA (International Transactional Analysis Association)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Association for Transactional Analysis
UKATA (formally the Institute of Transactional Analysis) is the national UK Transactional Analysis organisation representing all fields of TA theory and practice. TA can be used as an effective tool in a wide range of contexts such as: personal development, management, coaching, counselling, psychotherapy, teaching, education, parenting and more.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in developmental trauma, identity issues, personality disorders, eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder), relationship issue, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, addiction, and other issues with fundaments in compulsive behaviour or addiction.
I provide a limited number of reduced rate spaces to trainee psychotherapists and counsellors and other lower income clients. Contact me for availability.
For more details about fees and terms, please see my website: http://psychotherapylondon.org/
For clinical supervision fees, please contact me directly.