Ales Zivkovic MSc PTSTA(P) CTA(P) - Psychotherapist (UKCP reg) & Counsellor
I’m an experienced Psychotherapist (UKCP Reg), Counsellor, Supervisor, and Trainer.
My experience in clinical psychotherapy and counselling work goes back to my work in NHS setting where I conducted individual and group psychotherapy. I now only work within my private practice in Central (Marylebone W1G and Mayfair W1K) and North London (Primrose Hill NW1). I also provide professional/clinical supervision to qualified psychotherapists and counsellors, as well as trainees. I am also a teacher/trainer of the last year of clinical psychotherapy training.
I hold an MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy from the Middlesex University and am a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) and Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy). I also have a Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling.
I work with issues of developmental trauma (adults with history of childhood trauma/neglect), abuse, identity, personality disorders, eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder), depression, anxiety, relationship issues, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive issues, and addiction.
In my clinical work I combine various TA approaches with psychoanalytic concepts. I have also been systematically integrating concepts of Expressive Psychotherapy and Transference-Focused Psychotherapy (TFP) both into clinical practice, as well as in theory development.
As a psychotherapist and counsellor, I predominantly work with individuals and groups.
I am also a supervisor to qualified and trainee psychotherapists and counsellors. As a supervisor, I am included on the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) Supervisory Directory.
I am actively involved in furthering of transactional analysis and psychotherapy theory, which I regularly present at national and international conferences.
In addition to my current clinical/psychotherapy, supervision, and training work, I also used to practice in clinical setting within NHS, where I worked with individuals and groups on primary level at a large GP surgery in SW London. I have experience working with the widest variety of presenting issues, as well as degrees of complexity. This entails clients from the broadest spectrum of demographic, socio-economic, career, sexuality, ethnical and cultural backgrounds.
I also have experience from secondary mental health level as honorary psychotherapy counsellor within NHS Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) in London.
Other issues I work with
Some of the most common issues I have successfully worked with in the past year are:
- personality disorders
- relationship issues
- addiction (including “love” addiction and social media addiction)
- identity issues
- traits of personality disorders
- stress and burnout
- eating disorders
- panic attacks
- abuse etc.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) awarded by EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy awarded by Middlesex University
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) in Psychotherapy field awarded by EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- Transactional Analysis Counsellor (Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling / based on advanced psychotherapy clinical training)
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis Practice (issued by UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- UKATA Transactional Analysis Award
- Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Trainer - Central and North London
- Private psychotherapy and counselling practice in Central and North London
- Psychotherapy Counsellor within NHS GP surgery in South West London
- Group Psychotherapy facilitator for individuals with complex psychological and emotional issues (traits of personality disorders, severe depression and anxiety etc.) within NHS
- Honorary psychotherapy counsellor at Central and North West London (CNWL) Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
Organisations, Associations, Professional Bodies
- UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- ITAA (International Transactional Analysis Association)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in developmental trauma, identity issues, personality disorders, eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder), relationship issue, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, addiction, and other issues with fundaments in compulsive behaviour or addiction.
I provide a limited number of reduced rate spaces to trainee psychotherapists and counsellors and other lower income clients. Contact me for availability.
For more details about fees and terms, please see my website: http://psychotherapylondon.org/
For clinical supervision fees, please contact me directly.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified Psychotherapist (UKCP Reg), Supervisor and Trainer.