Ales Zivkovic MSc PTSTA(P) CTA(P) - Psychotherapist (UKCP reg) & Counsellor
I’m a qualified Psychotherapist (UKCP Reg), Counsellor, Supervisor, and Trainer.
I’m a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy), Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) and hold MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
My experience in clinical psychotherapy and counselling work ranges from my private psychotherapy practice in Central and North London, as well as from my previous work within NHS. I also provide professional supervision and training.
I work with individuals, groups, and organisations.
As a psychotherapist, I work with issues of trauma, abuse, identity, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, personality disorders, eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder), panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive issues, and addiction.
As an advocate of therapy that addresses the cause rather than the symptom, I tend to engage in focused, transparent and effective therapeutic process.
We can decide to work together either in short-term therapy and tackle a particular issue that burdens you or we can decide to work longer-term and endeavour on the path of a deeper exploration and change of you as a person and your relationships.
In addition to my current psychotherapy, supervision, and training work, I also used to practice in clinical setting within NHS, where I worked with individuals and groups on primary level at a large GP surgery in SW London. I have experience working with the widest variety of presenting issues, as well as degrees of complexity. This entails clients from the broadest spectrum of demographic, socio-economic, career, sexuality, ethnical and cultural backgrounds.
I also gained experience on secondary mental health level as honorary psychotherapy counsellor within NHS Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) in London.
Other issues I work with
Some of the most common issues I have successfully worked with in the past year are:
- relationship issues
- addiction (including “love” addiction and social media addiction)
- identity issues
- traits of personality disorders
- stress and burnout
- eating disorders
- panic attacks
- abuse etc.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) awarded by EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA) in Psychotherapy field awarded by EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy awarded by Middlesex University
- Transactional Analysis Counsellor (Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling / based on advanced psychotherapy clinical training)
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis Practice (issued by UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- UKATA Transactional Analysis Award
- Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Trainer - North London
- Private psychotherapy and counselling practice in Central and North London
- Psychotherapy Counsellor within NHS GP surgery in South West London
- Process Group Psychotherapy facilitator for individuals with complex psychological and emotional issues (traits of personality disorders, severe depression and anxiety etc.) within NHS
- Honorary psychotherapy counsellor at Central and North West London (CNWL) Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
Organisations, Associations, Professional Bodies
- UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- ITAA (International Transactional Analysis Association)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in identity issues, relationship issue, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, traits of personality disorders and eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder) and other issues with fundaments in compulsive behaviour or addiction.
I provide reduced fees to trainee psychotherapists and counsellors. I offer a limited number of low-cost spaces for clients on lower income.
For more details about fees, please see my website: http://psychotherapylondon.org/
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available from 8am to 9pm on weekdays (upon agreement also on weekends).
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified Psychotherapist (UKCP Reg), Supervisor and Trainer.