W. Alan Morris MBACP (Reg) Counsellor, Mediator and Supervisor
My name is Alan and a qualified counsellor with a number of years of experience. I believe counselling is a safe area for you to explore what is concerning you and working in a solution focus way help you to make choices that will improve the experience that is called life.
I have helped many clients by listening to their concerns and help them make sense of events and/or relationships that may have impacted on them. I have a wide range of skills to help my clients with coping mechanisms.
In some cases the trauma can be so terrible that even talking can be horrific I can help with this without knowing the trauma.
Seeing a counsellor is in my opinion a difficult and courageous act.
Trusting someone you dont know with details of your life you may not have shared even with your best friend. I understand this and am honoured each time a client contacts me. However if you make that leap I will work my hardest to ensure that leap was the right one.
Testimonals from Previous Clients
'I always felt like I counted as a person. You have helped me so much'
- Female, 41-50 Shropshire.
"Thank you for giving your time and for giving me the tools to help me get back to work"
- Male, 31-40 Powys.
'Having these sessions has definately helped, thank you so much for everything'
- Female, 25-30 Wrexham
On a card
' Thank you very much, its an understatement but Thank you.'
- Female, 51-60 Shropshire.
'Without you we would still not be together. Thank you for your patience and understanding'
- Mixed sex couple, both 31-40, Shropshire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Relationships and couples counselling
- Diploma in Therapy with children and Young People
- Foundation Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy and Sexual Issues
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision (student and qualified practitioners)
- Substance abuse awareness training
- Understanding and working with Personality Disorders
- Creative Interventions for Children and Young Adults.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Gestalt Counselling Approaches
- Working with self harm and suicidal thoughts
- Mental Health training (mood disorders, anxiety and stress, trauma, dysmorphic disorders, bereavement and loss)
- "Stop Sexually Offending" training - support for those who have thought of sexually offending and those who face prosecution.
- Mens issues (lifestyle, relationship and sexual dysfunction)
- Mediation in the workplace
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Working with couples (heterosexual and LGBT)
- Relationship issues
- Transgender issues
- Body Dysmorphia
- Work related issues (offering both counselling and mediation)
- Sleep Issues
- Assertiveness training
- Ways of Wellbeing
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£40 for individuals
£55 for couples
Reductions available for Skype/Telephone sessions.
Sessions can be conducted in Wrexham, Oswestry and Ellesmere. Other locations considered.
Home visits (no extra charge within a 10 mile radius of Ellesmere, Shropshire. Negotiable outside of this radius up to 20 miles)
Payment at the end of the session. Cash, Cheques, BACS or Paypal.
I can offer face to face sessions in Oswestry, Shropshire and Ellesmere, Shropshire.
If you wish I can make home visits as I understand that it can be difficult to travel. There will be no extra charge if within a 10 mile radius of Ellesmere. If the travelling distance is between 10 and 20 miles then we can negotiate.
I am happy to conduct sessions using the telephone or through remote video.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
There is room available where I am able to see wheelchair users or prosthetic users where mobility is difficulty.
For face to face sessions all day Wednesday and Saturday morning. Other times by negotiation
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a Qualified supervisor and offer a cost effective supervision service.