W. Alan Morris MBACP (Reg) Counsellor, Mediator and Supervisor
12 English Walls
My philosophy is that we all have our internal battles which can as individuals bring us to a state of low mood which in turn may lead to anxiety, depression and in general feeling sad.
This can be caused by a myriad of factors such as stress at work, relationship issues and financial problems.
If left unchallenged this may lead to or already have Generalised Anxiety Disorder which is a state of being where someone becomes anxious about anything, depression where the sufferer finds it difficult to be enthuastic about activities they previously enjoyed.
My name is Alan and I offer face to face, Online and telephone Counselling Therapy service to Individuals, couples and families.
I have had many years experience of working with individuals, couples and families in a relaxed environment. There are some testimonals from previous clients later in this profile.
Counselling I believe helps redress that balance and make our internal battles more winnable.
I work with a wide variety of clients and provide a calm, safe space for all my clients centred around confidentiality and respect.
Clients come to counselling with issues which often cause great pain and distress feeling 'stuck' and paralysed with anxiety and low mood.
Day to day living can be stressful and counselling enables gentle exploration, expression of negative feelings and eventual rebuilding and restructuring of lives.
Perhaps you are feeling weary, tired and exhausted as a result of anxiety, stress and low mood. Maybe there are painful issues related to the family or to work on your own lack of perceived self worth.
By reading this profile you have already begun a healing process which counselling can promote and enables you to move on with your life with greater understanding and clarity.
Testimonals from Previous Clients
'I always felt like I counted as a person. You have helped me so much'
- Female, 41-50 Shropshire.
"Thank you for giving your time and for giving me the tools to help me get back to work"
- Male, 31-40 Powys.
'Having these sessions has definately helped, thank you so much for everything'
- Female, 25-30 Wrexham
On a card
' Thank you very much, its an understatement but Thank you.'
- Female, 51-60 Shropshire.
'Without you we would still not be together. Thank you for your patience and understanding'
- Mixed sex couple, both 31-40, Shropshire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Relationships and couples counselling
- Diploma in Therapy with children and Young People
- Foundation Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy and Sexual Issues
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision (student and qualified practitioners)
- Substance abuse awareness training
- Understanding and working with Personality Disorders
- Creative Interventions for Children and Young Adults.
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Gestalt Counselling Approaches
- Working with self harm and suicidal thoughts
- Mental Health training (mood disorders, anxiety and stress, trauma, dysmorphic disorders, bereavement and loss)
- "Stop Sexually Offending" training - support for those who have thought of sexually offending and those who face prosecution.
- Mens issues (lifestyle, relationship and sexual dysfunction)
- Mediation in the workplace
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Working with couples (heterosexual and LGBT)
- Relationship issues
- Transgender issues
- Body Dysmorphia
- Work related issues (offering both counselling and mediation)
- Sleep Issues
- Assertiveness training
- Ways of Wellbeing
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£40 for individuals
£55 for couples
Reductions available for Skype/Telephone sessions.
Sessions can be conducted in Wrexham, Oswestry and Ellesmere. Other locations considered.
Home visits (no extra charge within a 10 mile radius of Ellesmere, Shropshire. Negotiable outside of this radius up to 20 miles)
Payment at the end of the session. Cash, Cheques, BACS or Paypal.
I can offer face to face sessions in Oswestry, Shropshire and Ellesmere, Shropshire.
If you wish I can make home visits as I understand that it can be difficult to travel. There will be no extra charge if within a 10 mile radius of Ellesmere. If the travelling distance is between 10 and 20 miles then we can negotiate.
I am happy to conduct sessions using the telephone or through remote video.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
For face to face sessions all day Wednesday and Saturday morning. Other times by negotiation
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a Qualified supervisor and offer a cost effective supervision service.