I believe one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves is in making a connection with another person, who will listen, without judgement, and who will be there alongside us as we explore our difficulties.
Going to counselling can be a big step and is not usually a decision made lightly. It can feel frightening and full of uncertainties.
Sometimes, just talking with someone in confidence can be a huge first step on your journey to recovery.
I can offer you a safe, confidential space to explore your difficulties, whatever they may be. I treat people as I would wish myself or my loved ones to be treated. I will take into account your preferences and needs, and I will respect your differences, your individuality, and your values. I will accept you as you are. I will not judge you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG. Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (accredited by the BACP), from the University of Strathclyde.
- PG. Certificate in Counselling Skills (validated by COSCA), from the University of Strathclyde.
- Mental Health Nursing, First Level, National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting for Scotland.
- Registered member of the BACP.
- Full membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme with Disclosure Scotland.
- Extensive mental health experience over 27 years.
- Additional NHS training in delivering evidence-based psychosocial interventions for anxiety and depression, suicide prevention and risk assessment.
- Experience as a Research Associate and Counsellor at the Counselling & Psychotherapy Research Clinic at the University of Strathclyde.
- Currently volunteer as a therapist with a local counselling service for adults experiencing a wide variety of difficulties.
Areas of counselling I deal with
All sessions cost £40 per hour.
All sessions take place in a quiet residential street in the Clarkston area of Glasgow, with ample on-street parking. Whilst there is no limit to the number of sessions you may have, this will be regularly reviewed in collaboration with you.
I work from a comfortable, detached garden studio set in quiet, private gardens.
Unfortunately I don't have wheelchair access, however if you live locally, I may be able to offer home visits. Please contact me if you wish to discuss this.
There is never any obligation on you to continue working with me.
Please take a moment to have a look around my website: http://soundingboardcounselling.co.uk
If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am to 2:30pm, Monday - Friday. Occasionally I may have some availability outwith these times.
Types of client