Alan Geddes, Counsellor & Psychotherapist (MBACP) RMN
Going to counselling can be a big step and is not usually a decision made lightly. It can feel frightening and full of uncertainties.
Sometimes, just talking with someone in confidence can be a huge first step on your journey to recovery.
I can offer you a safe, confidential space to explore your difficulties, whatever they may be. I treat people as I would wish myself or my loved ones to be treated. I will take into account your preferences and needs, and I will respect your differences, your individuality, and your values. I will accept you as you are. I will not judge you.
I believe one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves is in making a connection with another person, who will listen, without judgement, and who will be there alongside us as we explore our difficulties.
Training, qualifications & experience
- PG. Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (accredited by the BACP), from the University of Strathclyde.
- PG. Certificate in Counselling Skills (validated by COSCA), from the University of Strathclyde.
- Mental Health Nursing, First Level, National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting for Scotland.
- Registered member of the BACP.
- Full membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme with Disclosure Scotland.
- Extensive mental health experience over 27 years.
- Additional NHS training in delivering evidence-based psychosocial interventions for anxiety and depression, suicide prevention and risk assessment.
- Experience as a Research Associate and Counsellor at the Counselling & Psychotherapy Research Clinic at the University of Strathclyde.
- Currently volunteer as a therapist with a local counselling service for adults experiencing a wide variety of difficulties.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
It is important that you find the right therapist for you.
I offer a free initial assessment, which will allow you the opportunity to decide if you want to work with me.
All other sessions are charged at the rate of £40 for an hour. This includes 50 minutes therapy time and up to 10 minutes "ending" time in which to safely end the session, and attend to any practical issues, such as arranging your next session and payment etc.
I offer a limited number of spaces at a reduced rate for those in genuine need. Please get in touch if you wish to discuss this.
Please take a moment to have a look around my website: http://soundingboardcounselling.co.uk
If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please get in touch to discuss availability
Types of client