I’m Adeline Roche MSc, MBPsS, BABCP and I have been working in various roles in the field of caring and community engagement for over twenty years. I have been delivering talking therapy for NHS services since 2015. I established my own private practice in 2020.
I am an accredited BABCP practitioner. This means that I have demonstrated that I meet the standards of education, training, supervision, work experience and personal development of the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) in the UK and Ireland.
I treat adults (18+) with common mental health problems including Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Stress, Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). At the moment, therapy sessions are offered by telephone or video.
As well as enjoying my work, I’m also happiest when I am exercising, travelling, at a festival or enjoying a cup of tea made by someone else.
If you would like to know more about me, you can read testimonials from my clients on my website www.nononsensetherapy.com
To get started with therapy with me, please get in touch so we can discuss availability. I am always happy to receive enquiries, so please call/email so that we can discuss your problem informally before booking your first assessment session. There is no charge for this initial phone call.
Training, qualifications & experience
After a lengthy career working in children's social care and community engagement work, I changed career and returned to university in my thirties to study Psychology. I am now a qualified CBT Therapist and have been delivering talking therapies for NHS services for the past five years.
I can support with a range of problems including but not limited to stress, sleep problems, anxiety disorders, phobias, depression and low self-esteem.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual session: £90ph
6-week block: £450
Payment is requested by bank transfer at the time of booking. If after assessment, we agree that you would be better supported by another therapist/service, I will refund your payment for any unused sessions.
I currently have appointments available on Monday mornings/afternoons or Friday mornings/afternoons.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a talking therapy that can help you manage your problems by changing how you think and behave. CBT offers effective but common-sense solutions to a range of psychological problems and can help you to make sense of overwhelming problems by breaking them down into smaller parts.
Please get in touch by phone/email so that we can discuss whether CBT sessions with me are right for you.
Here are some client testimonials:
• I will be truly grateful for your support and care you gave me over our time together. You have given me so much strength- or maybe you helped to rediscover my inner strength that I already had.
• Adeline has been a star and given me great coping strategies to move forward in my recovery.
• Adeline was a joy to work with - she was caring and yet straightforward in challenging some of my negative core beliefs. I have had a brilliant experience and have no regrets at all in starting the process. I feel well equipped to go forward with hope from now on.
• Adeline is a warm and understanding therapist who delivers her messages with clarity and empathy.
• I am going to miss our sessions as you have a very good knack of putting things into perspective and not being judgemental.
• I felt involved in the process and also 'challenged' by my therapist. On reflection, I feel like this challenge was a positive one and I am glad that Adeline did this. I am very happy.
My website address is www.nononsensetherapy.com