My name is Adam and I am a trained Systemic Practitioner and Counsellor with full membership to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapists. I am also registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Clinical Specialist Practitioner for Mental Health.
In total I have over a decade of experience in helping Young People and Adults overcome difficulties which impact on their social and emotional health and wellbeing. I am able to offer individual counselling sessions to adults and also young people age 16 and over.
Our work together can take a number of different forms; I work alongside each person in order to create an intervention that's tailored to meet their own specific needs. Primarily I work in a systemic way, which leads us to thinking about how others and their relationship to us has an impact, and in turn how we impact and influence others through those same relationships.
Where required I am also trained to be able to use additional approaches to inform our work together including Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy approaches (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Mindfulness, Reflective Practice’s including Reflective Questioning and Active Listening.
I am experienced at working with and supporting people who struggle with, depression, gender identity, stress and anxiety, anger, low self-worth and self esteem, bereavement, change and poor coping strategies such as self harm, para-suicidal behaviour and ideation.
I work with compassion and integrity, believing that by building client relationships based on trust and mutual respect great healing and change is possible. I am fully insured and am committed to regular clinical supervision to assist with maintaining my practice standards.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Systemic Therapy - Child & Adolescent Focused
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Certificate in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- BSc (Hons). Clinical Specialist Practitioner - Mental Health (RMN)
- Diploma Higher Education - Registered Mental Health Nursing (RMN)
- British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP): Registered Member Status - Membership Number: 348934
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC): Specialist Practitioners for Mental Health & Registered Mental Health Nurse - Membership Number: 01D0145E
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
First Meeting & Initial Assessment (60-90minutes) - £80
Standard Session (50minutes) - £60
Further cost information such as letter and report writing and complex case work available on my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings 7pm onwards - Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays - Weekends subject to negotiation
Types of client