Aaron Nazar - BA (hons), Dip. Couns, MBACP
Life can be difficult. There are certain situations and experiences which can cause us to feel low or anxious, affecting our well being and view of the world even without us knowing. These could be unresolved issues from our past, or hidden anxieties about our future. I am here to offer you a completely safe, warm and judgement-free environment to allow you to talk at your own pace. Whether you are going through a difficult time or you would like to explore areas of your life, I am ready to work with you.
Talking with a counsellor can support you in understanding your thoughts and feelings, identify negative self beliefs and recognise repeating patterns of behaviour. Working through these together can enable you to regain perspective, become more self-supporting and live more positively.
I can work with individuals of all ages including children and young people, with many different presenting issues. I offer short or long term work, depending on what it is you would like to accomplish. In our work together I can adapt my approach in order for you to achieve what you need from our sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have now built up my training, qualifications, and experience over the years through working in different therapy settings, and completing regular and ongoing continuous professional development.
I work within the voluntary sector with children and young people, supporting a variety of issues such as self esteem, low mood, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and relationship issues. From my experience within this area i have developed specific training in working with young people focused interventions and outcomes.
Alongside my voluntary work, i also have a private practice called New Leaf Counselling, where i work with young people, adults, and older adults. My experience within private practice includes working with depression, anxiety, addictions, grief and loss, gender and sexuality issues, and existential dilemmas.
All my therapeutic work is based through a person centred approach, which emphasises an important relationship between a client and a counsellor which includes warmth, empathy and no judgement. This approach is the foundation of how i work which enables me to integrate my training of other therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectic behavioural, and existential therapy.
My experience includes:
- B.A Hons in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 2 & Level 3 Certificates in Counselling skills and Counselling Studies
- Individual registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- Completing Level 4 Qualifications in Advanced CBT and Working with Anger issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- I offer a free no obligation initial phone call, to discuss counselling and if we can work together.
- The first introductory and assessment session fee is £25.00
- Ongoing counselling session fees are £40.00
- I also offer reduced student fees, please call me to discuss.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer daytime or evening sessions to suit you
Types of client