I am a Psychological Therapist working with Individuals.
Individuals can choose either short term or longer term work.
I am committed to the principles, values and good practice standards of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Four Year Clinical Diploma (Psycho dynamic Counselling) Accredited by BACP.
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy Practitioner (IAPT approved)-Registered & Accredited by the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) for anxiety & depression.
- Two Year Infant Observation, British Psychotherapy Foundation (BPF).
- Short Courses in CBT and EMDR.
- 15 years working with Companies and Organisations supporting employees with a wide range of mental health concerns, e.g stress, anxiety, low self- esteem, relationship issues, bullying and harassment, loss and bereavement, trauma etc
- Further training and experience working with male and female veterans.
- Training in Critical Incident Stress Debriefing and Trauma work
- Former NHS Speech & language therapist with experience working with communication difficulties and depression as a result of head injury, stroke, medical issues, Autism Spectrum etc
- Former CRUSE accredited bereavement support worker
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
Individual sessions £45.00 per hour (The counselling hour is 50 minutes.)
I offer a secure base for anyone who feels they could benefit from therapy.
I am registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and client confidentiality and privacy will be protected.
The premises are not currently wheelchair accessible.
Please feel free to contact me via email, phone or text.
Monday to Friday 8 am - 7 pm. A limited number of evening appointments are available.
A former member of the Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists (MRCSLT) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
My former career as a Speech & Language Therapist (adults & children ) means that I have an awareness and experience of medical issues and disability.
A number of years working as a Company Director.