5th Avenue Counselling - Marianne Mikhail MSc. MBACP
13C Latton Bush Centre
01376780028 / 01279 879250
5th Avenue Counselling is the practice of Marianne Mikhail Msc, offering an accessible, affordable option when you need therapeutic support, or just a space to talk and be heard. The Reduced-Rate Service at 5th Avenue Counselling also offers a more affordable option for the community of Chelmsford and the surrounding areas. A second location in Harlow is also available, and coming soon, a third place in Stevenage.
Marianne Mikhail MSc is an experienced counsellor with a Master's Degree from the University of Greenwich, currently the in-house staff Counsellor at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and is a Registered, Individual member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Marianne uses an Integrative counselling style, bringing in elements of the three main theories: Person-Centred, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Together, these form a holistic style that can be applied to a wide variety of situations and personalities. Sessions last 50 minutes and are tailored to each individual's needs.
The team at 5th Avenue Counselling in both Chelmsford and in Harlow, are available at the times that are most convenient for you, and have a range of specialities and approaches that can be tailored to your needs. We will be opening a location in Stevenage soon, too.
Training, qualifications & experience
2011-2014: BACP accredited MSC Therapeutic Counselling course, University of Greenwich
- Three year part-time Masters of Science course at Level 7.
- Integrative modality consisting predominantly of Psychodynamic, Person-centred and CBT theories.
- Passed with Merit.
April 2011: City University Counselling Skills Workshop
- Week-long intensive course run by Joey Lessem, including a detailed overview of main counselling models, and their associated skills.
- Certificate of completion received.
2005-2008: Psychology BSc degree at Goldsmiths College, University of London.
- Achieved Upper Second Class grade with Honours.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
For the reduced-rate service, the fee is £30 per session.
The usual rate is £60, but your circumstances are taken into account.
The Reduced-Rate Service at 5th Avenue Counselling offers an affordable option for the community of Chelmsford and surrounding areas as well as a second location in Harlow.
Our Reduced-Rate service is based both at Moulsham Mill in Chelmsford, at the Latton Bush Centre on Southern Way in Harlow, and soon to be in Stevenage as well. Sessions are usually 50 minutes long, and the service is provided by capable counsellors who are working towards further qualifications at Epping Forest College and other prestigious institutions.
There are various appointments to suit your availability as well as fees to suit your circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Egyptian Arabic|
Available any weekday, until 9pm and Saturdays 9am-5pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|