5th Avenue Counselling Harlow - Marianne Mikhail MSc. MBACP
Mantle Business Centres Ltd
01376780028 / 01279 879250
Established in 2014, 5th Avenue Counselling is the practice of Marianne Mikhail Msc, offering an accessible option when you need therapeutic support, or just a space to talk and be heard.
The Reduced-Rate Service at 5th Avenue Counselling offers an even more affordable option for the communities of Chelmsford, Harlow and Stevenage and the surrounding areas. The team at 5th Avenue Counselling in all three locations are available at the times that are most convenient for you, and have a range of specialities and approaches that can be tailored to your needs at half of the usual price. The service is provided by capable counsellors who are working towards further qualifications at Epping Forest College and other prestigious institutions.
Marianne Mikhail MSc is an experienced counsellor with a Master's Degree from the University of Greenwich, currently the in-house staff Counsellor at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and is a Registered, Individual member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Marianne uses an Integrative counselling style, bringing in elements of the three main theories: Person-Centred, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Together, these form a holistic style that can be applied to a wide variety of situations and personalities. Sessions last 50 minutes and are tailored to each individual's needs.
13C Latton Bush Centre
Training, qualifications & experience
2011-2014: BACP accredited MSC Therapeutic Counselling course, University of Greenwich
- Three year part-time Masters of Science course at Level 7.
- Integrative modality consisting predominantly of Psychodynamic, Person-centred and CBT theories.
- Passed with Merit.
April 2011: City University Counselling Skills Workshop
- Week-long intensive course run by Joey Lessem, including a detailed overview of main counselling models, and their associated skills.
- Certificate of completion received.
2005-2008: Psychology BSc degree at Goldsmiths College, University of London.
- Achieved Upper Second Class grade with Honours.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
£30 per session for the reduced-rate service.
The usual rate is £60, but your circumstances are taken into account.
Student Placements now available at Chelmsford and Stevenage locations for any trainees on BACP recognised courses.
All three rooms are available for hire by therapists on an hourly basis at only £10 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Egyptian Arabic|
Available any weekday, until 9pm and Saturdays 9am-5pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|