Sue Prowse - Registered Member MBACP (Snr Accred)
I am an experienced, qualified and registered counsellor and my intention is to work flexibly to provide you with the most appropriate support.
- Counselling is about talking through difficulties in a place where you are cared for and respected
- You may be depressed, bereaved, anxious, angry, stressed, experiencing suicidal feelings, having relationship or family difficulties, lacking confidence, experiencing low esteem - resulting in you finding yourself unable to cope and feeling overwhelmed.
- These painful emotions could be current concerns or experiences from the past.
- Exploring and sharing personal issues within a counselling relationship can help you make some sense of what is happening to you as well as supporting you through difficult periods in your life.
It is my intention is to build a genuine counselling relationship of trust, whereby you feel safe, supported, heard and enabled to explore your thoughts and feelings.
I work with individuals and couples
I work short term - a few sessions; or longer term - open-ended and flexible.
The number of sessions will depend on your individual needs - I believe it is the counselling process, the relationship, rather than time that is therapeutic.
The first appointment is an opportunity for you to meet me, to explore whether counselling is what you need and to find out how we both feel about working together.
To undertake counselling is a courageous step - it can be painful as well as joyous.
If you would like to know more please contact me or visit my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
I have completed supervision training modules at The Centre for Staff Team Development in Bath.
I am a senior accredited member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and a UK Registered Counsellor.
I am widely experienced and I run a private practice from home, just outside Honiton, offering personal counselling and psychotherapy, and professional supervision.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also offer supervision
£40 - £60
I am happy to discuss flexible rates
Usually sessions are for an hour and are at weekly intervals but depending on your other commitments this may vary.
I live in East Devon, close to the boarders between Devon, Dorset and Somerset.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am happy to see clients Monday to Friday, between 9am and 7pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training