Shanta Batacharia - MBACP Accrd, UKRCP, CBT Therapist
City Of London
02080 133327 / 07949 900516
Hello, I am Shanta. I am accredited and registered member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) for over 15 years. I recently retired after 18 years work at Greenwich Mind as a supervisor and team leader, working with mental health issues. I have come across many mental discomfort that are disturbing and how helpful it is when the difficulty is understood dealt promptly.
To me, a good trusting relationship is most important, a relationship which is genuine, whole hearted, respectful etc.
How can I help?
As a therapist, I try to understand the person without any judgement, I work with the current difficulties and listen to past history to understand better. My goal is to facilitate inner growth, change belief system if necessary, develop strength to survive have a meaningful life in the world.
I trained in Psychodynamic Counselling and Existential Psychotherapy to post graduate level. I also have specialist trainings in CBT, DBT (dialectic behavioural therapy), mindfulness based therapy, couple counselling, culture focus therapy group work, eating disorders, trauma work and addiction issues.
I also have specialist training in Condition Management, which helps to empower people to change directions in life after redundancy or job loss. I help clients to acknowledge the benefits of their present life rather than being caught up in the past or future.
I am reg. with BUPA, AVIVA, CIGNA and other medical insurance companies.
To book an appointment, please get your authorisation code.
Some of specialist areas of work are:
- anxiety and stress management
- generalised anxiety
- social Anxiety
- bipolar personality disorder
- body image
- couple and relationship counselling
- culture focus relationship counselling
- relationship breakdown
- confidence building and self esteem
- eating disorders
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- panic attacks
- work related stress
Training, qualifications & experience
- Psychodynamic Counselling Postgraduate Diploma (University of London)
- Existential Psychotherapy Postgraduate Diploma (University of Sheffield)
- CBT Certificate ( Skill Development Council)
- Short Term Solution Focus Counselling CBT Model Certificate
- Cross Culture Counselling Diploma (Regents College)
- Eating Disorder Diploma (National Centre)
- Group Therapy Diploma (I.G.A)
- Couple Counselling Certificate (Tavistock Centre)
- Mindfulness Based Stress reduction Certificate
- Supervision Diploma (New School of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Culture Focus Supervision Diploma
- Condition Management (Helping people to build confidence, gain new skills to return to work)
- BA (Dist) University of Calcutta
I took intensive training in Condition Management which is a systematic process to help people to develop confidence after sudden change in life i.e redundancy, work place hostility etc.
Over the years, I took many other specialist trainings to get better understanding of Mental Health.
I developed projects help people to understand the relationship between Food and Mood. It was an award winning project funded by King`s Fund London.
Currently I am taking training in Interpersonal NeuroBiology to understand the relationship between Mind and Brain.
Diploma in Clinical Supervision.
I have been working as a supervisor for the last fifteen years using an integrative model.
- Accredited Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Accrd)
- Member of United Kingdom Registered Counsellor (UKRCP)
- I am a Millennium Award Winner (Group Work/Development) Kings Fund London.
For more information about me please see my website. www.counsellingforinsight.co.uk
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- behavioural difficulties
- cultural conflict
- fear of failure
- hostile feelings
- loneliness and isolation
- separation and loss
- identity issues
I can help with relationship difficulties; conflict, misunderstanding, breakdown of communication etc and cultural /cross cultural confusion
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
South East London: £50.00-£80.00 per session.
Central London: £6000-$80 00 er session
Block bookings are welcome
Couple Counselling £70 per session
Personal Therapy for Trainees £40.00 per session
Group Supervision £35.00 per session
Individual supervision £50.00per session
I accept referrals from Health Professionals, Companies and GP practices and I am registered with most major insurance companies e.g. Aviva, Bupa, Cigna, PruHealth
Please join me on Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/shanta-batacharia/2a/a5a/844
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Bengali, Hindi|
Once I receive phone call/ email I will respond immediately to book an appointment. I work most evenings after 3.00 PM I can see you at West Dulwich, London Bridge or Liverpool Street.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Hello and welcome, I can feel how difficult it is to find the right supervisor.View supervision profile