Trevor Beech - Dipl.psych
I have been a Counsellor and Psychotherapist for over 26 years, I work in both a practical and holistic way.
I have a passion for helping people achieve their true potential and an interest and specialists skills in; Trauma, Addiction, stress management, depression, chronic fatigue, post-traumatic stress disorder, confidence and self-esteem.
I can offer my clients support during life changes to ensure that these transitional stages in your life are positive ones.
EYE MOVEMENT DESENSITISATION AND REPROCESSING, (EMDR)
EMDR is a powerful treatment which has been very successful in helping people who suffer from:
- Addiction read more
- Panic Attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Disturbing Memories
- Post Traumatic Stress
I have also used it successfully for sports performance and business procrastination. EMDR is an evidence based therapy.
Counselling and psychotherapy
Counselling and psychotherapy allows you to look deeper into your problems and worries and deal with troublesome habits and behaviours.
It's an opportunity to talk through any problems as well as listening and discussing important issues with you. Together we can explore strategies for resolving problems and if necessary, help you change your attitudes and behaviours.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT )
CBT focuses on how you think about the things going on in your life – your thoughts, images, beliefs and attitudes (your cognitive processes) – and how this impacts on the way you behave and deal with emotional problems.
It then looks at how you can change any negative patterns of thinking or behaviour that may be causing you difficulties. In turn, this can change the way you feel.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Four year Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Transpersonal)
- One year Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Certificate Congnitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Certificate in Relaxation Skills
- Meditation and retreat guide training (30years)
- Mindfulness training
- Certificate in Stress Management
I have also undertaken additional training in, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), Guided Visualisation Techniques, Hypnotherapy, NLP and coaching and a trained retreat guide.
Specialist in stress management, post traumatic stress, chronic fatigue and health issues.
Extensive experience of personal and business coaching.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialist in trauma and addiction.
I also run a range of courses, groups and retreats throughout the year. Including :
- Mindfulness based Stress Management course.
- Mindfulness based Cognitive therapy for depression course.
- Mindfulness course.
- Tailor made courses for companies.
Photos & videos
- First ½ hour phone session free to help you decide if I am the right therapist for you (no obligation to book further sessions) or book 1 hour face to face pay for 1/2 hour first session
- Subsequent sessions are one hour duration.
- £55 per hour session. Or Prepay for 6 sessions at £300.00 (£50) EMDR OR counselling £45 per hour
Typically counselling and psychotherapy is a longer-term treatment and more sessions are required. EFT, CBT, EMDR and Coaching/mentoring are typically quicker treatments and results are usually seen within 6 sessions and in some cases, no further sessions are required. However, treatment lengths cannot be guaranteed and vary from client to client.
"As a result of having therapy with you I feel, that I have been focused and positive about my life. You are indeed, in my opinion, an extremely talented psychotherapist and individual."
"I wanted to thank you again for helping me to make life so much easier to cope with on a daily basis. I have been to three other therapist's in the last 20 years, none of which made a difference to my adult life after the post traumatic stress I have suffered. The cloud has lifted and the sunshine is pouring through again."
More feedback on my website
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday 8am to 8pm I provide a free initial 30 minutes telephone assessment session.
Also offer home visit
Types of client