Etti Mahdavi - Counselling & Psychotherapy
My name is Etti Mahdavi, and I am BACP Accredited &UKRCP Counsellor & Psychotherapist. I have been practising as a counsellor/psychotherapist in various sectors, NHS and GP's in London as well as privately for the past 25 years. I am committed to providing Therapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment I work with both individual and couples on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enhancing your life and to live it more fully.
We all go through a rough time, sometimes we manage to cope and move on, but other times we find it so difficult to stay focused, confident, relaxed and to resolve "the problem". It could be that we just do not have right tools, feel sensitive, fearful or have lost our confidence and we do not know the reason, we do not see our options to deal with issues. Family, friends and relatives find it hard to give us the right advice or to be objective or they are too busy to support us. Sometimes, we do not want to share our feelings or our concerns/problems with people who are in our lives but to share it with a professional and unattached person, with a counsellor.
The counselling will give you the opportunity to feel safe, understood and encouraged to share your feelings, negativeness, sadness and be youself and hopefully to explore new options and make choices and eventually to move on.
Training, qualifications & experience
- B.Sc in Child Psychology.
- MA in Psychotherapy .
- ADV.Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling.
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision.
- Training in Teaching Counselling at University.
- Intercultural Counselling.
- Solution Focus Therapy. Mindfulness.CBT
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Crisis in life of Students (anxiety, exam's panic, low-self esteem, bulling and bullied etc) & young adults.
- Cultural issues &Identity problems.
- Postnatal depression. Issues at work place.
I also offer supervision as a group and individual.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Individual Counselling: £70 (fifty minutes).
Couple Counselling: £150 for one hour & half)-£95 for 1 hour.
First session will be an assessment, which help you to find out about your counselling, number of session, and what you hope to gain from your counselling.
Group Supervision:£25 Individual: £50
I also offer telephone Counselling with a fixed time & No of sessions.
My approaches are: Integrative, Person centre, Humanistic, C.B.T and Psychodynamic.
I also offer Inter-cultural counselling,and therapy in Farsi.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time & evening & weekends 9-1pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer group and individual supervision over 20 years.View supervision profile