Jenny Rees Davies MBACP (Snr Accred), UKRC, Post Grad Dip Couns
Ludgate Hill Practice
89 Fleet Street
30 Glenferrie Road
07812 252 319
With over 20 years experience as a counsellor offering both short and long-term work, I have practices in Fleet Street and St Albans Hertfordshire. I work in an Integrative way using skills and techniques I have developed through studying a range of theoretical models in order to work with people as unique individuals. I have helped many people make changes through counselling, facilitating them to achieve goals and gain awareness of what might be holding them back or getting in the way of a more effective way of dealing with problems.
I offer a warm and non-judgemental approach to my clients and respect their individual values and personal choice. This supportive environment enables people to feel free to experience their thoughts and feelings, consider options and make changes.
I provide clients with a safe and secure environment where you can talk about difficulties free of judgement in a way not always possible with family, friends or colleagues.
At our first meeting we will discuss how counselling might benefit you. Some clients chose a brief solution-focused approach; others prefer to continue on a longer term basis. As a client, you can chose to end the work at any time.
Please do feel free to watch my video:
Please look at my web site - www.jrdcounselling.co.uk - and contact me if you need further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered Practitioner
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor
- Member BACP Coaching Division
- Post Grad Diploma Counselling, University of Hertfordshire
- Accredited Alcohol Counsellor
- Tutor in Counselling - Oaklands College, St Albans
- Tutor in Counselling - Barnfield College, Luton
- Continual Professional Development Training in Coaching, Solution-Focussed Therapy , Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Brief Psychodynamic Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Self harm
- Work/Life balance
- Addiction to prescribed - medication/tranquillisers
- Physical symptoms with no organic cause
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
- £45 per 50-minute session, St Albans. I offer reduced fee places for students/unemployed based on affordability
- £90 per 50-minute session, London.
I had over ten years experience in corporate communications before training to become a counsellor and life coach.
I work within the BACP Ethical Framework and have regular supervision. I am a BACP Accredited Supervisor of Counsellors and have a clinical supervision practice. I offer supervision and consultation, both group and individual, to trainees and experienced therapists in both private and public sectors.
I hold full professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
I work as an affiliate to several Employee Assistance Programmes and I am a Registered Practitioner in the private healthcare system.
I am committed to maintaining my professional development and attend regular further training.
My Hertfordshire practice is half a mile from the centre of St Albans off the Hatfield Road (on-street parking is available) and a 10 minutes walk from St Albans station. I also have a practice in Fleet Street, central London.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training