Pamela Critchley MBACP (Accred) UKRCP
I am BACP Accredited Psychotherapist, counsellor, working in Private Practice in Corsham, near Bath. I also offer supervision for trainee and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists who work to an integrative model.
Detail of my practice can be found on my web site.
I have additional experience of working:
in an NHS hospital as an Honorary Psychotherapist; in a GP practice; in schools ; and for various Counselling Services including an Alcohol and Drugs Advisory Service.(SADAS) I also work in partnership with legal firms in divorce mediation and helping couples through difficult relationship issues.
In my private practice :
I work with individual adults, adolescents and couples.
I also offer supervision for those in Clinical Practice or training.
Clients come on a weekly basis, for a 50 minute session , sometimes for short periods of time sometimes for longer periods.
Many of us at different times in our lives find that things can become difficult and sharing these difficulties can be helpful and enable us to cope, come to terms and in some incidents move on and change.
I aim to offer a confidential, empathic and non judgemental space for you to explore your current issues and situation and open up the possibility for an alternative perspective on how you feel.
I work with the many differing issues that people bring to therapy, and I have particular interest in relationship issues, anxiety and depression.
I am a memeber of:
British Association of Counsellos and Psychotherapists. MBACP (Accred.)
Registered with UKRCP
I hold a current CRB check.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Msc. Psychotherapy and Counselling (Roehampton University.)
- Post qualifying Diploma in working with Adolescents.(WPF)
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling and Psychotherpy. (Roehampton University)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Surrey University.)
- Trained in VACTS Accredited Counselling Alcohol and Drug addictions.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (London University)
- BA Hons. Lancaster University.
My counselling experience includes:
- Private Practice
- NHS hospital
- GP surgery SchoolsDrug and Alcohol Addiction Agency
- Various Counselling Services
- Legal mediation
I have an additional twenty three years experience working in education.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Aswell as individual adults and couples I also work with adolescents and young people.
£45 per session for individuals.
£80 for couples.
£45 for supervision.
I have undertaken additional specialised training for my on going work in these areas:
- Eating disorders
- Working with couples
- IPC (Part A) NICE recommended for helping those suffering with depression.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and some weekday evenings by appointment
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I work as a Supervisor for those in Clinical Practice.View supervision profile