Smita Rajput Kamble, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
What I do
I offer both-short term and open ended psychoanalytic psychotherapy. Psychotherapy varies with time and frequency. A long therapy can be stabilising and offer depth and emotional intimacy. But sometimes, short term work is more suitable.
I teach psychotherapy and conduct workshops for healthcare practitioners in London.
An initial session will help you to get an idea of what it would be like to work with me.
In your initial session we will discuss:
1. Your issue and explore underlying trauma and inner conflicts
2. Whether these issues can benefit from psychoanalytic psychotherapy
3. My terms and conditions, which are in line with how psychoanalytic therapy is practised in the UK
4. A time frame and finance
Four or six sessions can stand alone, are therapeutic and generally help people to feel much better. We will do a review before taking it further.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Training :
- Psychodynamic Theory and Skills, University of Oxford.
- Psychoanalytic training (BPC accredited), London.
- Brief Therapy
- Work experience
- NHS clients
- Corporate agencies and
- Other government funded projects
- Private clients who come via website/internet search
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council)
- Member, FPC (Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling)
- Accredited member, BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- Member, Oxford Psychotherapy Society
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I charge £50 for a session.
Low fee spaces, subject to availability.
- What is anxiety? Why do we become anxious?
- The bright side of being blue
- Suicide - A psychodynamic/analytic approach
- The Mother - A psychodynamic/analytic understanding
- The father - Psychodynamic approach
- Love - The Secret Elixir?
- Avatars or Avtars
- How does a therapist incorporate mindfulness?
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Milton Keynes- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays .
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|