Rafia Yousuf BA MSc, MBACP (Accred)
Every year, one in four of us will experience a mental health problem, however there are hundreds of thousands of people who are still suffering in silence, going unnoticed or do not know where to turn. Are you one of them?
When life feels challenging, stressful and hard to cope with, and it seems that talking with friends/family isn't getting you anywhere or maybe even making things worse, then counselling and psychotherapy may be of help.
Counselling/therapy offers a safe therapeutic space and relationship in which you can explore thoughts, feelings and life in a different way. It can empower you to find your own sources of insight, and thus further your self-knowledge and understanding. It is a safe and confidential process that can offer support, encouragement and no judgements.
I have been practicing as a counsellor/therapist for over seven years, and welcome any queries you may have. If you are interested in working together and thinking about giving counselling a go, or even if you are still in two minds, feel free to contact me and arrange an initial meeting.
All sessions will be confidential as far as the BACP ethical guidelines allow.
Please click on the link for my website for more information. www.rafiapsychotherapy.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
BA in Psychology & Criminology
MSc in Counselling & Psychotherapy
OCNLR Level 3 Certificate in 'Children Matter: Training for Professionals Working with Children and Young People'
Diploma in Parent-Child Therapy
Diploma in Infant Observation
Currently studying: Doctorate in Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy at the Tavistock & Portman clinic and NHS Medway
Specialised training in 'Working with women who have been affected by domestic violence'
Specialised training in 'Giving therapeutic and emotional support to children in schools'.
Accredited Member of The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP): 614990
Member of The Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA): 1264, an Institutional member of United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Member of the Association of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the NHS (APP).
Member of the Southern Association for Psychotherapy and Counselling (SAFPAC).
- Place2Be - offering therapeutic and emotional support to children through creative play.
- Connexions - offering counselling to youths from the ages of 12-23.
- Woman’s Trust - working therapeutically with women who have been affected by domestic violence.
- Wandsworth Prison - working with male prisoners.
- NHS psychotherapy clinic - offering long-term therapy to outpatients.
- Applied Behavioural Analyst (ABA therapist) with children on the autism spectrum.
- Managing a thriving Private Practice.
- Sessional Counsellor providing therapeutic and emotional support by using play and art to emotionally support children in primary school and secondary schools.
- Therapeutically supporting Parent-Child dyads with relationship difficulties.
- Bereavement Support Counsellor for a registered charity: Children of Jannah.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer play and art therapy for children, youths and young adults.
I offer therapy sessions for parent-child dyads who have relationship difficulties.
Please contact me for information regarding fees.
Cash, cheques and bank transfers are accepted.
For more information please visit my website www.rafiapsychotherapy.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Contact for Availability.
Types of client