Toni Buffham, MBACP Accred, Individual and Couples Counsellor and Supervisor
I aim to provide a warm and safe place in which to help you explore various aspects of your life, enabling you to talk freely in a way that isn't always possible with friends and family. As an integrative counsellor I draw upon different theories to help me understand you and the work we do together.
Bottled up emotions such as anger, grief, anxiety or shame can be extremely intense.
Through exploration we can make these emotions easier to understand. This may include discovering how your past is affecting you today, or how your thought processes are influencing how you behave and feel about your relationships or situations.
I practice privately at my home in Calne as well as at the newly opened Therapy Rooms, Hathaway Surgery, New Road, Chippenham. I can offer short, medium or long term counselling depending on your individual needs and what you want to achieve.
I offer 1-1 counselling with Adults, Young People and also Couples Counselling.
My experience includes working as a Counsellor and Supervisor for Wiltshire Mind where I gained vital knowledge and experience of working with people with various mental health issues. I have also facilitated mental health support groups. In my role as a Parent Support Adviser I gained experience in working with families in a solution focused and therapeutic way, with the aim being to provide better outcomes for children growing up in today's society. This has given me indepth understanding of the issues that face families and young people on a daily basis.
As a qualified Counsellor and an Accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) I abide by their code of ethics. I continually work towards professional development through education.
To find out more please contact me on the above number or email me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I am also able to offer SUPERVISION. I am a Diploma level qualified Supervisor and my experience includes supervising experienced and trainee Counsellors, Alternative Health Professionals and Parent Support Advisers as well as providing regular group supervision for education professionals working with vulnerable children in schools. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your individual or group requirements on 07790093382.
**Counselling and Psychotherapy Rooms to rent in Chippenham - please contact me for details
Training, qualifications & experience
I am passionate about keeping my knowledge current and up to date with new theoretical perspectives and ways of working.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Eye Movement Integration Practitioner - Level 1 & Level 2
- Internal Family Systems Practitioner Level 1 & Level 2
- Internal Family Systems IFIO Couples Level 2
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Theory
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People - Distinction
- Diploma in Supervision
- Diploma in Couple Counselling
- Therapeutic Use of Mindfulness
- Bereavement - Advanced Level
- Triple P Parenting Course Provider (Primary Care, Group and Teen)
My experience includes:
- Private Counselling Practice
- Counsellor and Supervisor- Wiltshire Mind
- Support Group Facilitator - Wiltshire Mind
- Supervisor for Counsellors, alternative therapists, educational professionals
- Parent Support Adviser
- Parenting Course Facilitator
- Co Author of 'Effective Communications' Workshop delivered to Schools
- Author of Suicide Intervention Workshop
- I also provide Supervision for charitable organisations and a specialist school as well as Counsellors in Private Practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Initial Consultation: £20.00
Per 50 min session: £45.00
Young People (11 to 16 years old or still in full time education):
Initial Consultation: £20.00
Per 50 min session: £40.00
Initial Consultation: £30.00
Per 60 min session: £60.00
Some concessions available depending on circumstances please feel free to contact me direct for further information.
If you would like to talk through any aspects of the service I can provide, or if you would like more information about the counselling process please contact me. I believe it is important that you enter into counselling with knowledge of what to expect.
If you then decide to take the next step we can set up an initial consultation where you can decide if you feel you would like to work with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening appointments available
Supervision & training
I hold the Cascade Diploma in Supervision and I work with Qualified and Trainee Counsellors, Alternative Health Professionals, Family Support Workers and Education Professionals. .