Justine Barrett BSc MA Accredited by BACP UKCP BICA NCS (Sen Accred)
Hello and welcome. I offer a peaceful, safe and confidential space in which you can explore the issues that are concerning you. There is plenty of free off road parking on the large parking area adjacent to my consulting room.
How can I help you?
As a therapist I aim to listen to you and enable you to explore the issues, experiences , thoughts and feelings, that are affecting you.
As certain counselling styles suit some people more than others I draw upon a range of approaches to provide the right support for you.
I am a highly qualified, experienced, professionally registered psychotherapist and counsellor and am also a qualified Supervisor- The professional organisations I am Accredited by are UKCP, BACP, NCS and BICA (NCS Senior Accredited) with many years experience of providing therapy in the NHS, General Practice, the Charity Sector and in Independent Private Practice.
Examples of issues that people contact me about:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Low Self Esteem
- Low self confidence
- Loss and Grief
- Feeling Sad
- Work Related Stress
- Managing change
- Family issues
- Postnatal Depression
- Assisted Reproduction
- Common Mental Health Problems
Please email me or phone me on 01386 792148 to briefly discuss the issues that are concerning you and arrange an initial appointment.
Your proximity to my consulting room:
Worcester, Evesham, Pershore, Droitwich, Redditch, Alcester, Studley are within a 10 radius/15 mins of my consulting room. Other towns and villages in Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and South Birmingham are also within easy reach.
The following villages are within 15 minutes of my consulting room:
Abberton, Abbotts Morton, Astwood Bank, Bishampton, Bradley Green, Broughton Hackett, Callow Hill, Cookhill, Dormston, Dunnington, Earls Common, Feckenham, Fladbury, Flyford Flavel, Hanbury, Kington, Peopleton, Radford, Rous Lench, Stock Green, Studley, Upton Snodsbury and Wyre Piddle.
Please email me or phone me on 01386 792148
Training, qualifications & experience
Knowledge and Experience which I bring to my work
Having worked in roles in the NHS and charity sector I have many years experience as a counsellor and psychotherapist in various contexts:
- General Practice
- Private practice
- an NHS Psychotherapy Service
- an NHS Psychology Department
- a Specialist Infertility Counselling Service in an HFEA Licensed Regional Infertility Clinic
- a support service for survivors of rape and childhood sexual abuse
Qualifications and Training that inform my Practice
My professionally recognised qualifications and training include:
- MA Integrative Psychotherapy (University of Birmingham)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision NCS Accredited (Masters Level)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (University of Birmingham)
- Infertility Counselling Training (British Infertility Counselling Association)
- CRUSE: Bereavement Counselling
- Certificate in Support Skills for Survivors of Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Transactional Analysis TA101 Certificate
- EMDR Level 2
- BSc Nursing
- Registered qualifications and experience in Nursing and Midwifery which are recorded with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- I engage in ongoing Professional Development
- I have professional Clinical Supervision of my work as required by the Professional Counselling and Psychotherapy Organisations I am accredited by and registered with (see below).
Registration and Accreditation by Professional Organisations
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy Registered and Accredited Reg.MBACP (Accred.)
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Registration UKCP
- National Counselling Society Senior Accredited Member MNCS(Senior Accred.)
- British Infertility Counselling Association Accredited AMBICA
- Professional Standards Authority (PSA) via the BACP, UKCP and NCS PSA Voluntary Accredited Registers.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Fear, Life Transition, Crisis, Fertility, Birth Trauma, Stillbirth, Neonatal Death, Infant death, Chronic illness, Disease, Dying and Death, Relaxation, Menopause, Talking Therapy, Wellbeing, acute or chronic Health Related issues, Personal Development, Self awareness.
Photos & videos
Free Initial Telephone Consultation
If you are unsure then why not take the opportunity to contact me to arrange a suitable time for a free 15 minute consultation by phone, where I can answer any questions you may have, it is also important to see if you will feel comfortable working with me, likewise, to see if I can offer the expertise you need. You are welcome to email me or phone me on 01386 792148
All sessions are Face to Face and the Fees are
From £50 per 50 minute session for individuals
From £75 per 75 minute session for couples
Fees may differ in extraordinary circumstances
Fees for Organisations,Employee Assistance Programmes, Employers and Insurance Companies by arrangement
I take private referrals from individuals/couples and referrals from GP's , EAP's, Employers, Insurance Companies, BLISS, ARC and other Charities.
Fertility and Assisted Conception
In addition to working with a broad range of issues I have specialist knowledge and experience of counselling in an HFEA Licensed Infertility Clinic covering the diversity of issues related to Assisted Conception and its outcome. I have specialist training and accreditation with the British Infertility Counselling Association to which the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority refer people who are undergoing investigation and treatment.
Personal Development and Therapy for Student Counsellors and Student Psychotherapists. I also work with clients seeking counselling or psychotherapy to increase their self-awareness or for their personal development. This includes student counsellors and psychotherapists for whom personal therapy is an integral part of their training.
I am a fully qualified supervisor, providing supervision to qualified and student counsellors and psychotherapists and people in other clinical professions (Please see the link to "Supervision Profile")
Please note that I am a registered and ACCREDITED Member of BACP, this is not the same being registered alone. BACP counsellor/psychotherapist accreditation is awarded to members who can meet the standard for accreditation. To become accredited, you must provide enough evidence to show that you can meet each criterion of training and experience required for the application to this level of membership and that you can meet the overall standard for the scheme.
Accreditation enables clients, employers and colleagues to recognise proven, competent practitioners. This means that the selection of a counsellor or therapist can be based on an informed choice. To date, BACP has nearly 8,000 accredited counsellor/psychotherapists.
If you would like to find out more about counselling or psychotherapy and how it may help you are welcome to email me or phone me on 01386 792148
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Approach.View supervision profile