Richard Cole - EFT Relationship /Psychosexual Counselling Hove. UKCP
I work with couples who want to have an honest look at what is going on in their relationship - no matter what it is - to move towards creating the kind of relationship they want.
What is Couples Counselling?
- I work with you and your partner together in a way that you can move beyond what's stopping you from understanding each other.
- EFT Couples counselling is a powerful process of slowing down and making sense of repeating cycles of conflict and withdraw.
- Most couples find it a huge relief to speak about what's been difficult to talk about and feel understood. Resentments,hurts and breaks of trust can be healed.
My Couples Counselling Approach
I practice emotionally focused Couples Therapy (EFT). I use the principles of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) to help you feel more emotionally connected to your partner.
I understand that it can feel like big step coming to talk about your relationship and often one partner is keen and the other is resistant. I create a safe environment where:
- You both have time to express what you want and to see what the issues are
- Your partner begins to hear what you are saying and vice versa
- You see the bigger picture of what is going on
- You learn communication skills
- You learn about your differences and what you both need
- You find out what is important to you
- You see how to bring back intimacy and loving feelings
- You learn how to manage your emotions and look after yourself better
- You find out how you can set limits over what you will accept and what you won't from your partner.
Call me on 07789433234 or see my website
St Pancras Relationship Counselling Hove
Sharon Kirby 4 months ago
"Richard has been a colleague for many years; he is a creative and compassionate relationship therapist."
Michael Pugh 9 months ago
"We went to see Richard due to difficulties in our communication regarding many issues brought on by this being our second marriage. At the time it felt as it was make or brake situation. Richard's skilful approach and his understanding helped and guided us. Within a few weeks we were fully aware where our problems laid and were able to successfully work on them.We are still ripping the benefits of his counselling three years on. His counselling has helped us to grow into more responsible and compassionate people, he helped to release the guilt and resentment that we felt. He helped us to discover for ourselves the importance and value of our relationship and also helped us to bring harmony and order into relationship with other members of the family. For his perception, understanding and compassion, we highly recommend Richard to anyone who faces any form of difficulties in their lives." Gosha and Michael
Massimiliano Giuliattini 8 months ago
"I had the fortune of meeting Dr. Richard Cole last year. I had to write a feature story as an exercise for my journalism studies, and was warmly welcomed in Dr.Cole's studio. He was very helpful, polite and easy-going. His interview gave a boost to my piece, as his knowledge regarding relationships proved to be first class."
A Google User 3 years ago
"Richard has a deep understanding of both relationship dynamics and individual psychology, which make his sessions very powerful. We particularly like his ability to reframe relationship problems into opportunities. His support has been invaluable for our relationship."
A Google User a year ago
"Excellent, and objective relationship counselling. It was invaluable having a 3rd party assess, challenge and playback our relationship dynamic. His process made us both reflect alot more and in overall terms helped to progress and improve the relationship."
Articles On Website
- Couples Counselling Tip - Avoid Being Right
- Affairs and Betrayal
- What Makes Love Last?
- Cheating - Why do Men and Women Cheat?
- Relationship Counselling - Why it's a good idea
- How To Communicate Better
- Change In Relationship Counselling
- All About Love
- Couple Intimacy Exercise
- Relationship Counselling - "Be here Now"
- Stuck Relationship Patterns
- Mens Mother Complex
- Controlling Men
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Step Families
- Boarding School Survivors
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling from TCCR - The Tavistock Centre For Couple Relationships.
- MA Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy
- Post Grad Dip. Creative Couplework
- UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist
- College of Sex and Relationship Counsellors - COSRT Member
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Boarding school
- Falling out of love/ Not sure if we want to be together
- Family issues
- Living arrangements
- Long distance relationship
- Premarital Counselling
- Preparing for Marriage
- Step Family
- Relationship advice
- Emotionally focused therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
Daytime appointments from 8am, Evening appointments @ 6.30pm