Angela Scannell ECP, MBACP (accred) IAHIP, Integrative Psychotherapist
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor, more details can be seen on my website angela.scannell.com. I am a professionally trained, registered and accredited member of the BACP, ECP and IAHIP working within their ethical guidelines. I can be found on their websites as a professionally registered therapist.
I have 20 plus years experience of helping people with a broad range of psychological and physiological issues including anxiety, depression and relationship challenges. Clients come to me for therapy as a result of a crisis, a transitional event or simply the stresses of modern-day living. Awareness is always the first step to providing you with new choices and solutions. My approach navigates and supports you through your journey to self-discovery.
A trusting, confidential and respectful relationship between the client and me is always at the heart of successful therapy. I offer an initial 30-minute free consultation where together we explore how therapy may work for you and how comfortable we feel to work together.
I provide face to face service, located in Whitstable, Kent. I also provide services via Skype and telephone for
If you would like to book an appointment, please do contact me by phone or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
My background is in the health service, as a therapy radiographer working in the UK, US and in Ireland. In the 1990s I was also a part-time psychology lecturer for students at Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. I then became a counsellor and group facilitator before training as a psychotherapist. In 2000, I left the health service and commenced a full-time private therapy practice in Dublin.
Having returned to the UK, In 2006, I commenced practice in Whitstable, Kent. I work in collaboration with Ruth Hoskins, Body Psychotherapist, and together we facilitate Stress Management Workshops.
- Stress management counselling (Clanwilliam Inst.)
- Diploma in community counselling ( Accept)
- Certificate in group facilitation (St. Patricks College Maynooth)
- Counselling and complementary therapies for people with cancer (Hamar)
- Year 1 psychosynthesis training (Inst. of Psychosynthesis and Transpersonal theory)
- including Mindfulness Training
1997 - 2000
- Professional training in counselling and psychotherapy
- Tivoli Institute, Dublin (humanistic and integrative)
- Year two psychosynthesis training ( Inst. of Psychosynthesis )
- Understanding and the treatment of sexual offenders.
- Year one of the principles and practice of Bodywork. (Inst. for Integrated Psychotherapy)
- Workshops in Gestalt. (Vincent Humphries, Inst. of Gestalt)
- Addiction workshops (Eoin Stevens)
- Chiron workshops in the treatment of trauma, Levine and Rothschild,
- CBT (Dr Adrian Hemmings / Wimbledon Guild)
- Completed training in Pesso Boyden Method for working with individuals
- Currently attending training in Attachment Theory
I work within the code and ethics of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk), The Irish Institute of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (www.iahip.com) and the European Association of Psychotherapy (www.europsych.org). I am registered and accredited with all of these associations.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Sexual assault
- Psychosomatic illnesses
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
I offer an initial 30-minute free consultation where together we explore how psychotherapy or counselling could help you. If you decide to continue, we will arrange a programme of weekly sessions.
My fees are £55 with a sliding scale to £45 for a 50 minute session. This flexibility can be discussed.
Please look at my website: www.angelascannell.com or phone 07949 855626.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
0800 - 1900 by appointment, Tuesday to Thursday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|