Frances Byrne Psychodynamic Counsellor BACP (Acc) BPC, UKCP Reg
Hello, My name is Frances. I am a qualified Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist, Psychodynamic Counsellor and EMDR Therapist. I have worked in mental health in the NHS and private practice for over 20 Years as a Therapist.
I provide a completely confidential space to talk through personal issues, working with clients with a wide range of difficulties including trauma, depression, relationship problems, abuse, phobias, eating disorders anxiety/stress.
I offer weekly sessions or more frequent sessions as necessary, both short and long-term. I also teach my clients (EFT) Emotional Freedom Techniques developed by Gary Craig. I offer EMDR therapy as appropriate, especially to people who have experienced trauma or are suffering from PTSD.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. WPF Westminster Pastoral Foundation 2005
- Diploma in Advanced Psychodynamic Counselling WPF, Westminster Pastoral Foundation, University Of Surry Roehamoton 2000
- Diploma Counselling Skills Access WPF Westminster Pastoral Foundation 1996
- Certificate in counselling Skills and Theory Combined
- Certificate in counselling CSCT Central School of Counselling & Therapy 1995
- EMDR Therapist UK & Ireland Level 1,2 & Advanced Level 3 Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing 2008
- Certificate in EFT Therapy, Emotional Freedom Thechniques 2007
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy Accreditaion (BACP) 2000
- UK Council For Psychotherapy UKCP 2005
- The Foundation For Psychotherapy& Counselling FPC 1996
- Working with Couples, The Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust, 2011
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My Fees are £50- £70 per 50 minute session. I also offer reduced rates for trainees or clients that need more frequent sessions. Couples session Fees £70 -£100
Weekdays & Evenings plus Saturday mornings
At the moment I am offering online sessions.
My practice is a confidential space in a private comfortable setting, with easy access via public transport, buses and underground and free unrestricted parking. I can also offer one off consultations if you want to explore if counselling or therapy is right for you. You can expect to be listened to without being judged, and you will be shown respect and empathy.