Julie Deighton MBACP(Accred) Cert (HEd) Dip(HEd) BSc
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor, clinical supervisor and couples therapist.
I am accredited by the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists, which means I offer a high standard of professional care.
I am a relational, integrative counsellor. I use an approach that suits the client as an individual, as I view my clients as a whole person, not as a problem waiting to be solved. I pride myself in being very real and honest with my clients in a non judgemental way.
I provide clients with a safe and confidential space, this enables them to feel free to explore, uncover and identify underlying issues. This awareness allows choices to be made to create the changes a client needs to lead a more fulfilled life.
My nursing background has given me the ability to be empathic whilst working alongside trauma, crisis and bereavement. I have had experience of working with a wide range of problems in a variety of settings, including, N.H.S. (G.P referral), community, voluntary counselling services and private practice.
Taking the first step to seek help can be difficult; so if you would like more information about counselling in general, or my service, I am always happy to reply to texts, emails or phone calls.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Bsc Therapeutic Counselling (Leeds Met University)
- Diploma Higher Education Therapeutic Counselling (Leeds Met University)
- Clinical Supervisor Diploma (Leeds Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- Certificate of Higher Education Interpersonal and Counselling Skills (Leeds Met University)
- Transactional Analysis 101 (Institute of T.A.)
- Counselling Skills Programme credits (Park Lane College)
- Relational Depth Research Workshop Certificate of attendance (Nottingham University)
- Working with Couples Continuing professional development (Welland Valley CPD)
- Common sexual presentations in Therapy and treatment options (Welland valley CPD)
- Working with young people who self harm
- Working with identity and self-esteem in young people with disordered eating
- Working with young people in the LGBT community
- Applied suicide intervention skills training
- I have over 25 years nursing experience.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Individual counselling £50 per hour
Couples counselling £70 per hour
Supervision £50 per hour
Weekend session £60 per hour individual, £80 per hour couple
Concessions are available for some time slots, please ask for availability.
Reduced rates for student counsellors
I also offer sessions to trainee counsellors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday - Thursday 10.30 am - 8.00 pm Some weekends available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a BACP Accredited counsellor. I am a qualified supervisor and offer clinical supervision to counsellors and supervisors.