Helen Davies MSc, Psychotherapist, Supervisor, UKCP Reg., CTA (P), PTSTA(P)
07976 605949 / 07976 605949
I'm a UKCP reg. psychotherapist with over 15 yrs experience of working with individuals, couples, groups & families in W Sussex.
My focus is to work with you to reflect on and resolve short or longer-term difficulties. For example, through therapy you can explore your stressful or anxious feelings, grieve your loss of a loved one, understand what is happening in your relationships, explore and come to terms with a life-changing illness, take space to decide what you want from your career, or share and make meaning of fears.
What is psychotherapy and counselling?
Psychotherapy and counselling offer the opportunity to talk to a qualified professional about certain aspects of your life in a safe and supportive environment. With an experienced therapist you can find ways of being helped to make sense of your concerns or experiences, which may have left you feeling uncertain or anxious. Seeking therapy can lead to the development of a more satisfactory, effective and fulfilled life
As a trained and experienced UKCP registered psychotherapist I offer long and short-term psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families.I work in private practice in West Sussex.
Additionally I hold a Diploma in Supervision and work with individuals and groups in West Sussex and Surrey.
Finally, I am an experienced teacher, examiner and supervisor (please see Supervision Profile) of Transactional Analysis and work with and on behalf of various registered training establishments across the south coast of England. I have experience of supervising students to exam success across a broad range of integrative, humanistic and art modalities.
I abide by the UKCP, EATA, IARTA, UKATA and Metanoia code of ethics, which are available for you to look up on line. I have a working knowledge of The BACP Ethical Framework and am currently a member of UKATAs Ethics and Professional Practice Committee.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy -Middlesex University
- Clinical Diploma TA Psychotherapy -Metanoia Institute
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analysis (Psychotherapy) - European Association of Transactional Analysis
- Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) - European Association of Transactional Analysis - TA101 Teaching Certification - European Association of Transactional Analysis
- Diploma Overeating and Obesity Psychotherapy - Wessex Training Institute
- Diploma in Supervision - Cascades/ABC Level 4
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- European Association of Transactional Analysis
- International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Diabetes Type I
Diabetes Type II
Photos & videos
- Ongoing - Themed supervision group 2016/17 for trainee psychotherapists nearing exam
- Ongoing - Mixed modality counselling supervision and CPD group 2015/16
- Ongoing - 2018-2019 closed relational supervision group: Chichester
- 28/09/18 - Emerging from emergency: Onsite intervention work in the aftermath of a traumatic incident
Individuals from £60.00/hour in Chichester for day time appointments
Couples from £85.00 per hour in Chichester
I currently have no evening or weekend appointments
My fees will vary depending on format, i.e individual, couples, families.
EAP's and Private Medical Insurance:
I accept and work with referrals from Employee Assistance Programmes and Private Medical Insurance, including Aviva, BUPA and WPA. Please check with your provider.
I offer face to face psychotherapy and supervision.
However I can offer my services via:-
I run specialist training courses throughout the year in Chichester bringing in professionals from particularly fields of work.
Please check back for further news.
For 2018 the current schedule is:-
28/29th September 2018 Chichester
Emerging from Emergency: Onsite Intervention work in the aftermath of a traumatic incident.
Facilitator Jonathan Lake returns to run this excellent and well attended workshop on this findings about trauma from his field work. He is a primary tutor at Metanoia Institute and runs a diverse practice in East London.
26th October 2018 Chichester.
The TA101: The Official Introduction to Transactional Analysis
A fun two day interactive course on the core concepts of TA. It can be used as an addition to your tool box, or if you are considering training in TA this certificated course would enable you to enter training anywhere in the world where TA training is available.
Facilitator Helen Davies PTSTS(P) is a UKCP registered psychotherapist, supervisor and trainer and visiting lecturer across the south coast. She is a member of UKATAs Ethics and Professional Practice Committee and runs training courses for business on personal awareness and communication.
16th November 2018, Chichester
Self Harm, Self Care and the Way Between One day workshop facilitated by Dr Maggie Turp on the research and findings of working with self harm and suicidal clients
Facilitator Dr. Maggie Turp is a psychotherapist and supervisor in private practice and a chartered psychologist. Her academic career has included lectureships at the University of Reading and at Birkbeck College, London. Since retiring from mainstream academic life, she has been an external examiner and visiting lecturer at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
monday to friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
The purpose of supervision is to provide counselling and psychotherapy practitioners with a space in which to stand back and gain perspective on their work.