Helen King - Walk & Talk Therapy: for Anxiety, Depression, Fear & Trauma.
Walk & Talk - Teddington
Professional Coaching - Online
07985 041 060
Walk&Talk is simply one of the most effective therapies I have found to-date. It is far, far more than a stroll in the park! Using a client-proven combo of memory-mobilising techniques, we walk with structure and purpose to get you unstuck, to resolve relationship issues, trauma, anxiety and depression - in a super-naturelle environment, fresh and invigorating. Clients seem to need less sessions than in the face-to-face sitting down environment.
Come, find some breathing space - let some clarity shine through - and learn to "press pause" on anxiety and depression. I'll help you let-go of exhausting, repetitive thoughts and fears about being unable to control outcomes, of "not knowing" or feeling heard. Come and talk freely and openly with me about what you'd like to see different.
My personal style is open and laid-back, yet my Walk&Talk method is designed to hold boundaries and provide a safe environment for you.
My photo (above) is of a print that hung in my therapy offices. When you look at it one way, it could be underwater plants, yet, in another way, it could be garden plants. I like the fact that we all see life in different ways - with the option to see something from another angle, if we so choose.
I have 10 years experience as a psychotherapist in private practice.
Originally, I trained to MSc-level in the traditional psychotherapy of Transactional Analysis (TA) and in 2014/15 in the contemporary, outcome-focused Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). This year, after already coaching clients for two years, I qualified as a Professional Coach.
Walk&Talk with me is conducted in the Teddington/Richmond-upon-Thames areas.
Walk & Talk Therapy
Initial consultation: 30-50 mins / no fee.
Walk & Talk: 50-60 minutes / £50 per session.
Professional Coaching - focusing on major life transitions
Entrepreneurs with succession dilemmas.
Expats (into the UK and leaving UK) who have up-root themselves in order to either follow their spouse/partner, or to start a new life in another country.
Singles who find it tough being on their own / and singles to love it and just want more.
Coaching is face-to-face online.
Details and fees on application.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional coaching qualification: PURE Coaching Academy
- Coaching certificate
- Advanced training in Acceptance & Commitment Training (ACT is a division of Association of Contextual Behavioural Science).
- PGDip Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Studies (Middlesex University)
- Advanced training (MSc) in Transactional Analysis psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute).
- Trauma Therapy training (Wealdon College)
- Addictions training (ASCA)
- Various training, including: "Integral Model for Treating Trauma & Addiction"; "Addiction & Narcissism" (LifeWorks Community)
- Working with Groups, Working with Couples, Bodywork (Metanoia)
- Bowlby Attachment Relationships (PPA)
- Bereavement Counselling (Kingston Bereavement)
- Motivational Interviewing (Kingston Strategic Partnership)
- Various NHS in-depth training (workshop based and on-the-job) in Mental Health procedure and diagnosis (Kingston & District PCT
Other relevant training
- Beliefs and Values in World Religions (WLIHE)
- 12-Step model of working with addictive behaviours.
- 10 years private practice.
- 3 years counselling with ASCA, Richmond (Addiction Support & Care Agency)
- One year counselling in a centre for survivors of sexual and domestic abuse
- One year counselling with Metanoia Institute Clinic - clients with varied issues
- One year employed as Programme Assistant, Lifeworks Community, Surrey - private residential addictions rehab
- 3 years: Kingston & District Community NHS Trust - serving on a panel reviewing patients who have been Sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
- Administrating and marketing the BFSS National RE (Interfaith) Centre, focused on celebrating difference in society and running workshops and courses for State school teachers.
- I have considerable life experience, and hold a managerial background in marketing, manufacturing and strategy consultancy.
I am registered with and adhere to the following organisations' codes of ethics
- BACP - MBACP/Registered (Member British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Areas of counselling I deal with
As a psychotherapist, I specialise in relationships and trauma.
As a professional coach, I specialise in 3 main life transitions:
- Succession - planning / development / dilemmas.
- Expats - re-establishing identity, independence, worth and belonging.
- Singles - having a great life on your own, or not.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I have constructive and creative supervision with David Tidsall (TSTA) in High Wycombe, and highly recommend him to other psychotherapists.View supervision profile