I am an BACP (Acred) Counsellor/Psychotherapist and parenting practitioner. I have over 25 years experience working therapeutically with individual adults, couples, children and young people and families
families. I am also an experienced supervisor providing supervision to trainee and qualified counselors.
My aim is to offer clients a positive way forward to help cope with their life challenges, traumas, build emotional resilience and develop more effective coping strategies.
Individual adults :
I am experienced in working with adults on a wide range of counselling issues such as: generalized anxiety, work v life balance & family stress, bereavement, trauma, abuse, anxiety, depression, anger management, self-esteem, assertiveness, domestic violence, relationship issues, childhood related issues, sex related issues, work related issues and addictions.
Couple & Relationship Counseling
Relationship counselling helps couples to make the most of your relationships, past, present or future.
This service is useful as the first source of help when people face divorce or separation; affairs or major conflict. Couples counselling not only helps with the major crises in people’s relationships but can also help with worries that might seem trivial or minor. Couples counselling can strengthen and enrich your relationship if you have been or are currently experiencing difficulty.
Counselling For Children & Young People
Experienced in working with a wide range of issues such as: anger management, bereavement, parental separation, abuse, anxiety, bullying, family conflict, self-esteem and trauma. I use an integrative mix of therapy skills with children and young people such as play therapy, story telling and writing, puppets, and age appropriate self awareness activities. Enabling Children and Young People to understand, express and manage their feelings and emotions in appropriate ways.
I have several years experience working with families in relation to dealing with a variety of family problems. Enabling parents & carers to deal more effectively with mild to moderate & challenging child/adolescents behaviors including ADHD, ( Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) , OCD (Oppositional Conduct Disorder), Attachment Disorders and Relationship Difficulties.
On a personal note, as a mother and grandmother I believe that being a parent can be one of the hardest jobs we will undertake. Family counselling can enable parents to become more confident and effective in their parenting.
Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, EMDR is a psychological treatment in which therapy can help you look at memories of the trauma including negative thoughts, feelings and sensations experienced at the time of the event. EMDR aims to change how you feel about these memories and helps you have more positive emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
EMDR is one treatment recommended for PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) sufferers.
I am a qualified and experienced Counselling Supervisor offering supervision to trainee and qualified counselors and psychotherapists. Bringing to supervision and sharing a wealth of knowledge and experiences with a wide ranging client group.
I work with the following:
- generalized anxiety
- family issues
- P.T.S.D: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- O.C.D: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- child abuse difficulties.
- domestic violence
- sex related issues
- work related issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP (Accred), Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- UKRCP Registered independent Counsellor
- MSC Counselling
- Cert Family Therapy
- Cert Counselling Children & Young People
- BA (Hons)
- Accred Parenting Practitioner
- Cert Webster Stratton Parenting & Child Group Skills
- Play Therapy Skills
- Bereavement Counselling
- Childhood Eating Disorders
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Couple counseling
- Child behaviour problems
- Child & adolescent counselling
- Parenting for difficult child/adolescent behaviour
- Family Therapy
£40.00 individuals (60 min, adults, 50 mins children)
£45.00 couples/families (60 mins)
£50.00 supervision (90mins)
- "Thank you Wendy for helping and supporting me through the darkest and scariest part of my life so far, and helping me to regain my own unique personality and confidence. You guided me through all the mire and twelve months later my unique personality and confidence is shining through for all the world to see, no more hiding." Female age 45
"Wendy I am extremely grateful to you for the counselling I have received from you over the recent weeks, I have benefited from it greatly."
Male, war veteran age 80+
- "Just wanted to say a massive thank you for helping me through a difficult time in my life you’ve been a miracle and will hold you in my heart forever." Female age 22
"Wendy Thank you for your help, guidance and patience, which is much appreciated."
Couple Counselling, age early 50’s
- "Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate everything you have done. From when you first saw me to where I am today, I have done a complete turnaround." Female age 30
"We have seen a huge difference our daughters behaviour since the counselling sessions, she is more confident and less anxious, we would recommend your services."
Parents of child age 10
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
flexible sessions weekdays and early evenings and Saturday daytime.