Becky Johansson UKCP
Hello, I'm Becky: I am a fully qualified and experienced psychotherapist working in Glastonbury town and nearby areas outdoors. I provide a wide range of support services from short-term counselling to long-term psychotherapy work, supervision, group work and body work for PTSD and therapist self-care. I also run work-shops and provide training on a range of subjects, with a specialism in PTSD breath-work.
To give us the chance to meet, to discuss what you are looking for and to see if I am best suited to providing for your needs, I offer a no obligation free 20-30min initial chat over the phone.
Why counselling/Therapy, Why now?
If you are on here, you are probably looking for answers to some kind of issue in your life and psychotherapy or counselling can really help you to explore what is happening and find a way through some of your difficulties. When you are struggling to deal with what life has thrown at you, therapy can provide support as well as provide practical ways of managing your own feelings and the situations you find yourself in. It can also answer some of the 'why?' questions we often ask ourselves, but are not often able to answer alone.
It is also a great way to deepen your life experience and develop a stronger relationship with both yourself and others. Many find it enriches their lives, not just in the short term, but also creating enduring changes within us; increasing our understanding of ourselves and our place in the world, helping us find meaning and make decisions about what we want to achieve with our lives. This is one of the many reasons I am so passionate about this work. We never have to stop evolving.
What issues do people bring to therapy?
There are many many different reasons why people may wish to seek counseling or psychotherapy, some of the more common ones that I work with are:
- low self esteem, lack of confidence
- stress, anxiety and panic
- relationship issues & family problems
- work related stress, bullying and career changes
- depression, feeling low or melancholy
- issues with sex, sexuality & coming out
- dealing with homophobia and transphobia
- health problems, illness
- childhood traumas re-emerging
- trauma and post traumatic stress
- bereavement, loss and grief
- losing your spark or motivation in life
- anger management issues
However, the most important reason for coming to therapy is the one that you bring and each individual person has their own unique reasons for coming to look for answers. These are the ones which are important for us to explore, work with and resolve.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA Integrative Psychotherapy.
UKCP Accredited and Registered
MSc. BSc. Dip.
- I am an Integrative Psychotherapist, Accredited and Registered by the UKCP, the foremost Psychotherapy body in the UK. I adhere to their Code of Ethics and as such am fully committed to Continuing Professional Development as well as attending regular supervision.
- I have worked for over 15 years facilitating support groups, counseling and crisis intervention services; working professionally as a psychotherapist since 2005.
- I provide individual and couples counseling and psychotherapy. Long and Short term.
- I work with EAPs; providing a range of short term contract work. This can include Trauma work and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Attacks and Stress as well as Anger Management.
- I provide clinical supervision for counselors and psychotherapists, as well as people who are working in other caring professions.
- I also provide training and work with a range of small groups: These consist of a mix of therapy groups working with the body, as well as personal development groups focusing on using body-work and meditation for (therapist) self care.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Poly community friendly
KAP -Kink Aware Professional
Body psychotherapy; using breathwork for PTSD symptoms and anxiety work, building resilience and managing stress.
My Fees are:
Individuals - £55 (50mins)
Couples - £60 (60mins)
Supervision - £55 (per hour)
Individual Concessions - £40 (daytime only)
The initial assessment session for couples is at the usual fee of £60 for 60mins.
Individual initial chat 20-30mins
Psychotherapy sessions last 50 minutes, however, if appropriate I can arrange longer sessions of 90 minutes commensurate with the standard hourly fee.
Generally I would see clients on a weekly basis; however more frequent or fortnightly/monthly appointments can also be negotiated.
Email or message me to arrange an initial chat and and talk about what you are looking for!
Although arranging and coming to the first session can be daunting, my clients all report that by the time they leave they feel a deep sense of relief and the sense that "a weight has been lifted from their minds"
Otherwise if you have further queries you can email or phone me on the above details. Some further information is available on my website:
I hope to meet with you soon,
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:|| |
My offices are not wheelchair accessible, however I do offer online and phone sessions, as well as home visits in some cases..
Online and in person availability at various times in the week.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I currently provide clinical supervision to counsellors, psychotherapists and other professionals working in the caring professions.View supervision profile