Mandy Kloppers - Anxiety & Emotional Abuse counsellor BABCP Accred. NCS Accred.
Hi, I'm Mandy. I offer a bespoke mental health service to those requiring therapy in the privacy of their own homes, and currently online. I also work part-time for the NHS and currently my recovery rate (clients who improve) is 83%.
In my approach, I use a mixture of psycho-dynamic counselling (why & how it all links together) and cognitive-behavioural therapy (why, how and what to do about it) as well as my own personal blend of compassion, personal life experience and empathy.
A tricky childhood and challenging health issues along the way have given me a deeper perspective on life. Being so aware of how unpredictable life can be, has motivated me to be more present in my life and to take life less seriously.
I do feel that this has been partly responsible for my success in counselling others. Dealing with trauma and successfully navigating life’s challenges has definitely helped me when working with my clients. I'm especially interested in ways to reduce different types of anxiety (social anxiety, generalised anxiety, health anxiety, etc) and recognising emotional abuse in relationships.
I offer online counselling (Skype or Zoom)and face-to-face counselling, why not get in touch with me today if you would like support and guidance in your life.
Let's arrange a session to discuss whatever is bothering you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. (New Buckinghamshire University) Two year course. BABCP accredited.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree - Double Major: Psychology and Sociology (UNISA) - five year course
- Psychology Conversion - Cognitive Psychology, Research & Statistics (The Open University) - two year course
- Accredited Member of The British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society.
- Graduate Member of The British Psychological Society
- Full Member of BPS division - Coaching Psychology
- Client experience: anxiety, depression, relationship problems, dementia, learning disabilities, forensic management, tribunals for court, personality disorders (Broadmoor Hospital), Probation service - Surrey.UK
- Volunteer at CRUSE Bereavement charity (helpline)
- Volunteer - Friends of the elderly
I run my own private practice in Bramley, near Guildford Surrey. I also ran clinics for the National Health Service twice weekly until December 2017 at: Mind Matters – Walton on Thames (Surrey and Borders NHS).
Currently, I also work part-time for IESO digital health (part of the NHS)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specific areas of interest:
- Couples counselling: emotional abuse/narcissism in relationships
- Separation and divorce
- How to improve communication in relationships
- Lack of trust
- General breakdown issues in the relationship
- Aspects related to domestic abuse (emotional abuse, verbal and physical).
Reducing anxiety related to health, general anxiety, phobias, PTSD, social anxiety.
Individual Counselling: one hour online session using Skype/Zoom. £80
Individual Counselling face-to-face: one hour GBP90
Couples Counselling: one hour online counselling session using Skype/Zoom. £80
Concessions available for students/unemployed/those facing financial difficulties.
Concessions offered for
Online / Skype sessions:
If you need help with anxiety, depression or relationship issues, I can help.
I support people all over the world and in the comfort of their own homes. We can chat via Zoom/Skype and if there is any work to be done between sessions, we can communicate via email.
Skype/Zoom sessions are just as effective as face to face sessions and in some cases can be even more effective as you can feel relaxed in your own home when talking about private issues that you normally wouldn’t share. These sessions are available every day and some evenings as well.
The only requirement is Zoom or Skype (free to download) and preferably a webcam to enable us to see each other and talk.