Margaret Clark MBACP. ACC (accred).
01252 341768 / 07788 536396
Hello, I'm Margaret, an accredited counsellor offering long or short term counselling near Farnham, Surrey. I am able to offer evening or Saturday appointments to fit in with your busy schedule.
You are warmly invited to read through my profile as you seek the right counsellor for you; someone who will respect you, listen attentively and stand with you as you work through the things that trouble you.
It's often hard to make that first contact with a counsellor so you are free to email me with your questions and concerns or make an appointment to talk it over first with no obligation to commit to counselling. I have a warm, accepting approach to my clients and would consider it a privilege to come alongside and support you as you work through whatever is on your mind.
Perhaps you need a straightforward approach to counselling or a place to just talk where present difficulties can be safely aired, solutions found and perhaps a fresh way of seeing things.
For clients who have been more deeply traumatised I work in a very gentle way that gives a sense of being rescued from the original trauma. It won't change the facts of the event(s) but can bring a sense of peace and relief. My clients can always feel in charge of what is talked about and when.
A former client said....
"The approach to counselling was very empowering as it allowed me to directly share in my own healing. I really began to trust myself, my feelings and perceptions. When you've been used to second guessing yourself about almost everything, it is really liberating to begin to value and embrace your own understanding of things."
I look forward to hearing from you...
I welcome clients from all backgrounds and respect the ethnic, religious, social and sexual status of every person.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have worked as a counsellor for 16 years gaining considerable experience through my work and also privately as a mother and grandmother, experiencing firsthand the ups and downs of family life, grief, bereavement and loss.
- I am experienced in working with those affected by stresses in the workplace, redundancy, retirement, chronic illness, domestic abuse, divorce, remarriage and the challenges faced by 'blended' families.
- I have worked successfully with survivors of abuse and trauma, helping them to feel safe, listened to and comforted. By working slowly at the pace the client prefers I encourage them to feel in control, never rushed or pressurised.
Qualifications and professional registrations:
* 16 years counselling experience
* Diploma in Counselling
* Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
* Reg Member, Counselling practitioner - Association of Christian Counsellors (Accredited)
* Lifespan Integration Therapy - Advanced.
I have continued to train in areas of particular interest to me, including:
- Chronic illness
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Abuse; Spiritual, physical, emotional, sexual and psychological.
- Bereavement and Loss
- Trauma and dissociation.
- Inner child therapy
- Workplace issues
- Sibling Attachments
- Attachment disorders
- Creative therapies
- Working through change
- I abide by the code of ethics of both the BACP and the ACC.
I undertake ongoing professional development training, staying abreast of current thinking and approaches to therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with those who live with sense of having a child inside who is badly hurt and 'stuck'. I use the very gentle therapy 'Life-span Integration' to bring healing and relief from unacknowledged pain.
Photos & videos
When do I work and what do I charge?
I work from Monday to Thursday 10am - 8pm
Saturday morning from 9am - 1pm
I charge £40 for each 60 minute daytime session
I charge £45 for sessions starting after 6pm
Saturday morning sessions 50.00.
A few reduced rate places can be offered to those on a low income.
I offer an initial free 20 minute session to see if I am the right counsellor for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday 10am - 8pm. Saturday 10am - 1pm
Types of client