MSc PgDip BA(Hons) MBACP (Senior Accredited) MAC
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr. Accred). Qualified in 1995, Teresa has been providing counselling and psychotherapy treatment for nearly 30 years. Teresa has completed over 25,000 counselling and psychotherapy sessions and has successfully dealt with a wide range of issues from anger management to health anxiety. Teresa holds a Masters degree in counselling and psychotherapy and is a qualified EMDR Practitioner having completed training accredited with EMDR Europe.
Teresa is a trained adult educator and has lectured extensively in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. She has personally trained and supervised many of the counsellors and psychotherapists within the Wolverhampton and West Midlands area. As a recognised expert in her field Teresa is frequently asked to conduct editorial reviews and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses.
*** Coronavirus (COVID-19) Statement (05 August 2022) ***
We continue to offer face to face sessions and have taken additional precautions to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers. Our office is 420 square feet and at least two metres will be maintained at all times. Our full COVID-19 statement can be viewed on our website here: https://www.lewispsy.org.uk/covid-19-statement/
Appointments are also available via Zoom, Skype and telephone.
BACP Accredited counselling and psychotherapy service
Teresa is the founder and director of multi-award winning Wolverhampton Counselling Practice Lewis Psychology CIC. Lewis Psychology CIC is the only counselling and psychotherapy practice in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
Since founding the company in 2009 Lewis Psychology has rapidly become a flagship counselling and psychotherapy organisation. Lewis Psychology has achieved national recognition for excellence in service delivery and ethical business principles. This recognition is clearly illustrated through Lewis Psychology's rapid expansion and multiple business awards.
In addition to offering face-to-face sessions we also offer appointments via telephone, Skype or Zoom.
We are located at Deansgate, 62-70 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4TH. Deansgate has been refurbished to an exceptionally high specification, it is a landmark property that dates back to the early 18th Century and has retained its period features throughout. We are situated on the ground floor and there is full disabled access at the rear of the building. There is a free onsite car park at the frontand rear of the building for up to 82 cars.
We are based in a prominent location on the A41 Tettenhall Road within the established office quarter of Wolverhampton. We are approximately 1 mile north west of Wolverhampton city centre, Junction 10 of the M6 motorway is approximately 6.4 miles east and Junction 2 of the M54 motorway 4.5 miles north.
How to find us
- By car: Lewis Psychology CIC is on Tettenhall Road (A41) approximately a half a mile from Wolverhampton town centre.
- By bus: If you are travelling via public transport Lewis Psychology CIC is on the Tettenhall bus route (bus number one) from Wolverhampton bus station. You will need to get off the bus on Tettenhall Road just before the Shell garage. Lewis Psychology is directly across the road from the bus stop.
- By foot: Approximately a 10 to 15 minute walk from Wolverhampton city centre.
- Monday to Sunday 9:00am to 8:00pm
Enquiries and booking information
- Telephone: (01902) 827808
- Mobile/text: 07748 885614
If nobody is available please leave a message on the confidential 24 hour answering service and your call will be returned
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree (Msc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate (PgCert) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Bachelor Degree with Honours (BA Hons)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (all parts)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training One (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Two (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Advanced (Breathworks)
- Mindful Movement Teacher Training (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Foundation
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training One
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Two
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical Nutrition
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Further Education Teaching
Accreditations and registrations
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Founding Member of the BACP Coaching Division
- Registered Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accredited Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
- Accredited Mindfulness Teacher (Breathworks)
In addition to offering face-to-face sessions we also offer appointments via web cam (Skype or Zoom) or via telephone.
- Clear Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
* Health anxiety
* Unexplained physical systems
* Sleep problems
* Physical injury
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME)
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
* Preparation for surgery
* Weight management
* Chronic illness and/or disability
* Rape and sexual assaults
* Road Traffic Accidents (RTA)
* Sexual abuse
* Victims of crime
* Bullying and harassment
* Work stress
* Lack of assertiveness
* Career issues
* Conflict with management / colleagues
The above list is not exhaustive. Teresa deals with many problems that are not listed and recognises that alot of issues are too complex to fall into neat categories.
£85.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
£85 per hour session
Free telephone consultation
Please contact Lewis Psychology for a free, no obligation, 15 minute initial telephone consultation.
Telephone: 01902 827808
When I work
We are open Monday to Sunday 9am to 8pm.
An answer machine is in operation Sundays.
Lewis Psychology Community Interest Company (CIC) is the only organisation in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
Lewis Psychology is a psychological health and coaching company servicing businesses and the general public in Wolverhampton and throughout the West Midlands. We provide a large range of expert counselling and coaching services to customers looking to enhance work performance or explore some aspect of life, their feelings or behaviour.
An Ethical Business
Lewis Psychology CIC is a multi-award winning social enterprise that uses commercial expertise to achieve maximum community impact. We are a not-for-personal-profit organisation that trades and earns money whilst providing psychological health services, health education, employment and other benefits to the community. Rather than dividing profit between share holders all of our profits are used to expand the services that we provide and generate employment for local people. We provide essential community services and create economic growth at the same time.