Teresa Lewis MSc PgDip BA(Hons) MBACP (Senior Accredited) MAC
Lewis Psychology CIC
62-70 Tettenhall Road
01902 827808 / 0774 888 5614
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr. Accred). Qualified in 1995, Teresa has been providing counselling and psychotherapy treatment for 23 years. Now in her late 40's Teresa has completed over 15,000 therapy sessions and has successfully dealt with a wide range of issues from anger management to health anxiety. Teresa holds a Masters degree in counselling and psychotherapy and is a qualified EMDR Practitioner having completed training accredited with EMDR Europe.
Teresa is a trained adult educator and has lectured extensively in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. She has personally trained and supervised many of the counsellors and psychotherapists within the Wolverhampton and West Midlands area. Teresa is also an Accredited mindfulness teacher and currently divides her time between clinical practice and teaching. As a recognised expert in her field Teresa is frequently asked to conduct editorial reviews and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses.
BACP Accredited counselling and psychotherapy service
Teresa is the founder and director of multi-award winning Wolverhampton Counselling Practice Lewis Psychology CIC. Lewis Psychology CIC is the only counselling and psychotherapy practice in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
Since founding the company in 2009 Lewis Psychology has rapidly become a flagship counselling and psychotherapy organisation. Lewis Psychology has achieved national recognition for excellence in service delivery and ethical business principles. This recognition is clearly illustrated through Lewis Psychology's rapid expansion and multiple business awards.
Accredited mindfulness training courses
Teresa regularly delivers the Breathworks Accredited Mindfulness for Stress Course. The Mindfulness course consists of 8 x 2-hour group sessions, where there will be guided mindfulness practice and theoretical teachings. Each week participants are taught a number of different mindfulness practices that can be incorporated into daily life to reduce stress and aid general wellbeing. To find out more about our Mindfulness for Stress Course please click: Mindfulness for Stress, Wolverhampton.
Teresa also delivers an eight week post graduate level Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) course. Grounded in ancient wisdom and modern science, this course demonstrate how being compassionate shapes our minds and brains, and benefits our health and relationships. To find out more about our Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living course please click: Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living, Wolverhampton
If you would like to book one of the above course please call our Wolverhampton office on 01902 827808.
We are located at Deansgate, 62-70 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4TH. Deansgate has been refurbished to an exceptionally high specification, it is a landmark property that dates back to the early 18th Century and has retained its period features throughout. We are situated on the ground floor and there is full disabled access at the rear of the building. There is a free onsite car park at the frontand rear of the building for up to 82 cars.
We are based in a prominent location on the A41 Tettenhall Road within the established office quarter of Wolverhampton. We are approximately 1 mile north west of Wolverhampton city centre, Junction 10 of the M6 motorway is approximately 6.4 miles east and Junction 2 of the M54 motorway 4.5 miles north.
How to find us
- By car: Lewis Psychology CIC is on Tettenhall Road (A41) approximately a half a mile from Wolverhampton town centre.
- By bus: If you are travelling via public transport Lewis Psychology CIC is on the Tettenhall bus route (bus number one) from Wolverhampton bus station. You will need to get off the bus on Tettenhall Road just before the Shell garage. Lewis Psychology is directly across the road from the bus stop.
- By foot: Approximately a 10 to 15 minute walk from Wolverhampton city centre.
- Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 8:00pm
- Sunday 9:30am to 5:30pm
Enquiries and booking information
- Telephone: (01902) 827808
- Mobile/text: 07748 885614
If nobody is available please leave a message on the confidential 24 hour answering service and your call will be returned
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree (Msc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate (PgCert) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Bachelor Degree with Honours (BA Hons)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (all parts)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training One (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Two (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training Advanced (Breathworks)
- Mindful Movement Teacher Training (Breathworks)
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Foundation
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training One
- Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Two
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in clinical nutrition
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Further Education Teaching
Accreditations and registrations
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Founding Member of the BACP Coaching Division
- Registered Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accredited Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
- Accredited Mindfulness Teacher (Breathworks)
- Clear Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure.
- Registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
* Health anxiety
* Unexplained physical systems
* Sleep problems
* Physical injury
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME)
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
* Preparation for surgery
* Weight management
* Chronic illness and/or disability
* Rape and sexual assaults
* Road Traffic Accidents (RTA)
* Sexual abuse
* Victims of crime
* Bullying and harassment
* Work stress
* Lack of assertiveness
* Career issues
* Conflict with management / colleagues
The above list is not exhaustive. Teresa deals with many problems that are not listed and recognises that alot of issues are too complex to fall into neat categories.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
Please click here to find out more about our fees.
Free telephone consultation
Please contact Lewis Psychology for a free, no obligation, 20 minute initial telephone consultation.
Telephone: 01902 827808
Lewis Psychology Community Interest Company (CIC) is the only organisation in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
Lewis Psychology is a psychological health and coaching company servicing businesses and the general public in Wolverhampton and throughout the West Midlands. We provide a large range of expert counselling and coaching services to customers looking to enhance work performance or explore some aspect of life, their feelings or behaviour.
An Ethical Business
Lewis Psychology CIC is a multi-award winning social enterprise that uses commercial expertise to achieve maximum community impact. We are a not-for-personal-profit organisation that trades and earns money whilst providing psychological health services, health education, employment and other benefits to the community. Rather than dividing profit between share holders all of our profits are used to expand the services that we provide and generate employment for local people. We provide essential community services and create economic growth at the same time.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||We also offer services in Punjabi|
There are several dedicated disabled parking bays and an access ramp to the building. Doorways are widened and will allow access to most manual and electric mobility scooters. Counselling rooms are on the ground floor of the building.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr.View supervision profile