Deborah M. Fish, M.Sc, Psychotherapist
As a counsellor, hypnotherapist and integrative psychotherapist with over 25 years' experience I can help with a wide range of issues such as anxiety (panic, phobias etc.), depression, relationship difficulties, bereavement and the impact of health challenges. My approach is compassionate, holistic and pragmatic.
I also have extensive experience offering EMDR therapy for the symptoms of trauma, e.g., due to accidents, traumatic loss, violence, combat trauma etc. EMDR can also help with anxiety-related conditions like dental and blood-injury phobia.
My background is international, and my experience includes the NHS, university counselling services, and private practice. II have worked with referrals from employee assistance programs, rehab services, and private healthcare providers.
My approach is flexible. Whether you are looking for a few sessions in order to work through a particular issue, or seeking longer term regular appointments, we could discuss your therapy goals in order to decide upon the most appropriate way forward. If you live further afield, after an initial in-person consultation, depending upon your therapy needs, online sessions e.g., through Skype, might be an option.
If I could be of help, please let me know.
Training, qualifications & experience
Some of my qualifications include:
- Master of Science Degree
- BA Hons, majoring in Psychology
- Advanced Diploma of Hypnosis & Psychotherapy (NRHP)
- EMDR Europe accredited clinical supervisor/consultant
- Interpersonal therapy for depression
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Clinical hypnosis, hypno-psychotherapy, regressions etc.
- Tapping or EFT is a very useful technique that I sometimes use in a session or show clients for their own emotional self-care.
- If you are seeking help with bereavement you might be interested in Repair and Reattachment Grief Therapy or an IADC which are psycho-spiritual approaches. Please see my website for more details.
Counselling and psychotherapy session: £50 per hour
Hypnotherapy, Hypno-psychotherapy Sessions: £55 per hour
EMDR therapy: £60 for one hour; £85 for a 90 minute session
For possible Clinical Supervision for counselling, psychotherapy, and/or EMDR therapy, please email me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French - rusty!|
Mostly late afternoon/early evening and/or Saturday appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am UKCP-accredited to provide supervision to trainee and qualified counsellors, hypnotherapists and psychotherapists. My approach is integrative, so I work within a supervisee's preferred modality.