Jaquetta Trueman, BSc. (Hons), Reg. MBACP (Accred.)
Hello and welcome to you. Making the first step to find a counsellor takes courage and I respect that. So hopefully I can go some way to reassuring you by saying that I'm a counsellor with over nine years experience and a gentle, honest approach, providing a safe and confidential space for you in Torquay.
How can counselling help? People come to counselling for all sorts of reasons, to talk in confidence about anything that is troubling them either from present life, from the past, or indeed worries about the future.
Often, our life and relationships can be affected by significant life events from our past that remain unresolved tend to come with us into the present, then added to that current events can be causing us emotional pain, knocking our confidence, leaving us feeling depressed, confused, anxious and with low self esteem. Sounds like a ball of knocks and tangles? Well my aim is to provide you with a safe space so that you can feel at ease to talk things through in confidence, where we can work together to untangle any confused thoughts and feelings. You will probably be surprised how simply talking and exploring thoughts and feelings helps you to see things more clearly, see a different perspective, giving you the opportunity to make the changes you choose to make to find a new way forward.
the first appointment is an opportunity for you to discover how you feel about counselling with me; to see the way I work and for us to work together to discuss a best way forward for you. This session is without obligation and is for you to decide at the end of this session if you wish to book a series of appointments.
I work primarily with three complimentary humanistic approaches that I was originally trained in, ie Person-Centred, Existential and Gestalt. This means that I use an integrated approach that does not preach or direct and acknowledges the importance of all aspects of life. I work with you at your pace to support and encourage you to explore different ways of looking at things so that you can make the changes you choose to make to rediscover yourself.
What happens next? Why not get in touch to make a no-obligation first appointment which will give you the opportunity to meet me and ask any questions you may have and discuss the best way forward for you. At the end of this initial session, if you choose to have continuing sessions with me, we can then arrange future weekly times to suit.
You can contact me by email through this directory by using the link at the top of this page, or phone me on the above number. If you need to leave a message on voicemail, you can be confident that this is only accessible by me so your confidentiality will be secure.
Alternatively, if you feel you would like more information before getting in touch, please click on the above link for my website.
As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I abide by their Ethical Framework and Guidelines for Good Practice, details of which can be found at www.bacp.co.uk.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPD. Internal Family Systems with Richard Schwartz & Frank Anderson. 2018
- CPD. Jung Today. Plenary lectures in London. November 2016
- BACP Registered Accredited (2012)
- Mindfulness skills training, Sharpham Trust
- Cruse Bereavement and Loss training
- B.Sc. (Hons) Reflective Therapeutic Practice metanoia Institute, London
- Foundation Degree in humanistic counselling: Person-Centred, Existential and Gestalt approaches. University of Greenwich
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, London Gestalt Centre
My experience as a counsellor includes
- Counselling for Surrey & Borders Primary Care Mental Health Trust
- Providing a counselling service to parents and staff at a cluster of state schools in Hampshire as well as to parents of school age children in Guildford
- Working as an affiliate counsellor for Winchester University Student Services
- Counselling in private practice and the voluntary sector in Surrey and London before moving down to Devon five years ago where I continue in private practice.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Issues from childhood
Survivors of school bullying
£40.00 per session.
Cancellations: Please note that as a general rule, unless in exceptional circumstances, any session that's been booked requires 48 hours prior notice to cancel to avoid half the fee being payable for that session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
week days 10 to 6
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|