- EMDR Europe Accredited Practitioner
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist - Registered Member MBACP (Accred) - 026618.
- EMDR ... FLASH Technique ... CBT ... CRM practitioner
I am a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) trained in the use of Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), the FLASH technique, the Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM), and Schema Therapy - working from a strong Humanistic bias.
Registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Registration Reference No: Z3639237 http://www.ico.org.uk
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) - Enhanced Certificate No: 001719710559 - Issued: 14 December 2020 - Psychotherapist (Child and Adult Workforce) www.gov.uk/dbs
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland ........ http://www.emdrassociation.org.uk/
- EMDR Europe
- EMDR Association of Australia ........ https://emdraa.org
- UK Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS) ........ http://www.ukpts.co.uk/
- European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (ESTSS) .... http://www.estss.org/
I have experience of successfully working with clients from a Humanistic perspective using CBT and/or EMDR (integrating other modalities as appropriate), in the following areas:-
- addictions (drug, alcohol, gambling, sex and internet pornography)
- anger management /stress management
- anxiety and panic
- bereavement / loss
- confidence / self-esteem
- relationship issues
- TRAUMA (Big T = road traffic accidents, abuse, suicide survivor, etc and Little t = anything from the past that 'still lives within')
- suicidal feelings
- work related issues
NO judgement here, just understanding and empathic support.
Training, qualifications & experience
Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) from University of Wales - Newport.
Post-graduate Diploma in Project Management (DipProjMan RICS) from College of Estate Management, Reading University.
ESTSS Certificate in Psychotraumatology from https://www.estss.org/
EYE MOVEMENT DESENSITIZATION & REPROCESSING (EMDR)
- Practising EMDR Online with Clients - training with Mark Brayne - April 2020 facilitated by EMDRAA
- Parts 1, 2 & 3 - EMDR Institute - Dr Michael Paterson .... in accordance with EMDR Europe requirements. - 2010/11.
- FLASH Technique - (Memory reconsolidation, the Flash Technique & EMDR) training with Philip Manfield https://flashtechnique.com/wp/- April 2020
- Advanced FLASH Technique - (Memory reconsolidation, the Flash Technique & EMDR) training with Philip Manfield https://flashtechnique.com/wp/- April 2020 and March 2021
- Mastering Complexity in EMDR Practice - trainings with Anabel Gomes & Dolores Mosquera - faciltated by EMDRAA https://emdraa.org/ - in Sydney, Australia - 14th to 17th November 2019 =
- EMDR with Severely Dysregulated Clients: Under-regulation, Dissociation, Disconnection & Alexithymia.
- EMDR with Severe Mental Disorders (Psychotic, Bipolar & Severe PTSD).
- EMDR Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder.
- EMDR for Suicidal Clients & Self-harming Behaviours.
- EMDR Treatment of Chronic Headache and Fibromyalgia - training with Dr Zeynep Zat - facilitated by EMDR Wales Regional Group - June 2019
- EMDR R-TEP & G-TEP - training with Elan Shapiro https://www.emdrhap.org/content/events/hap-r-tep-workshop/ - facilitated by the Trauma Response Network - South West https://www.traumaresponsenetwork.org/ - @ Plymouth University October 2018.
- EMDR and Ego State Therapy: Healing complex trauma and dissociation (T1009)- EMDR Institute - advanced training with Dr Michael Paterson - Manchester 2011
- EMDR Beyond PTSD: Attachment and Trauma - Workshop facilitated by the EMDR Association of UK and Ireland - Newcastle March 2013.
- EMDR: Use of art therapy techniques with adults and children.
EMDR with eating disorders and trauma: Adults and children.
EMDR and family therapy with parents and children.
Workshops facilitated by the EMDR Association of UK and Ireland - Wales region - May 2013.
- Attachment Focused EMDR: Healing developmental deficits and Adults abused as children - Advanced training with Dr Laurel Parnell - Ph.D. ....... facilitated by The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion - York Sept 2013.
- EMDR and the Treatment of Health-related problems - Training with Carol Forgash - LCSW, BCD......... facilitated by KR Trauma Support - Manchester - Nov 2013
- EMDR and Dissociation: The Progressive Approach - Treating complex trauma and personality disorders - Training with Dolores Mosquera http://www.intra-tp.com/personal/1-2-2-0.htm
........... facilitated by The London Psychotherapy and Trauma Centre - University of Westminster - Nov 2014
- EMDR - Treating Anger, Resentment & Revenge - Training workshop with Herman Veerbeek .......
http://emdr2014.com/speaker/herman-veerbeek ....... facilitated by the Northwest Psychology Consultants - Liverpool - February 2015
- Feeling-State Addiction Protocol (FSAP) - FSAP for EMDR trained clinicians. Workshop with Robert Miller ...... - Training at Imperial College, London - July 2015
- EMDR - "Blind to Therapist Protocol" - Workshop with Dr Derek Farrell - Birmingham - June 2017. Facilitated by West Midlands Regional EMDR Support Group.
- Embodying Polyvagal Theory - Body Oriented Learning & Exploration - On-line workshop with Deborah Grant .... February 2021
Hypnotherapy training for Counsellors (BACP endorsed) ....... - May 2014
COMPREHENSIVE RESOURCE MODEL (CRM) - https://comprehensiveresourcemodel.com
- Basic Training Module - with Lisa Schwarz (developer) and Dr Frank Corrigan ... http://comprehensiveresourcemodel.com/psychiatrists-review-crm/
- Advanced Core Self with The Comprehensive Resource Model (CRM) Advanced training module with Lisa Schwarz (developer) and Dr Frank Corrigan ... Edinburgh - October 2016
- CRM Intensive training - with Lisa Schwarz in Beulah, Colorado - August 2017
- CRM - Case conceptualization and Treatment of Severe Dissociation - Training with Lisa Schwarz ... Dublin - October 2017
SCHEMA THERAPY - Jeffrey Young -
- INTRO - Imperial College London
- Schema Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder - Jeffrey Young - Imperial College, London.
- Advanced Schema Therapy - Jeffrey Young - University College London
All Schema courses with the Wimbledon Guild
- 8 month Mindfulness course - Samye Foundation Wales - March to December 2014
- Mindfulness based stress reduction- Training course presented by Lorraine Harris - Samye Foundation Wales .... http://www.sfwales.org/ - January to March 2014
- Teaching clients to use mindfulness skills - Stanton & Dunkley
LUCID DREAMING & SHADOW WORK
- with Charlie Morley http://www.charliemorley.com/ - 17/18 Feb 2018 @ Samye Foundation Wales in Cardiff https://www.sfwales.org/
- Embracing the Shadow retreat with Charlie Morley @ Holy Isle (Centre for World Peace & Health) - 20-24 September 2018 http://www.holyisle.org/the-project/leaders/
- Dreams of Awakening retreat with Charlie Morley @ Holy Isle (Centre for World Peace & Health) - 28 June to 2 July 2019
Various training with the United Kingdom Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS) ... www.ukpts.co.uk
- Intro to Traumatic Stress (Part 1) - Events, reactions, conceptualisations and neurobiology
- Intro to Traumatic Stress (Part 2) - Psychological & Pharmacological Management
- Child & Adolescent Trauma
- Psychological therapy for PTSD and comorbid drug/alcohol misuse
- Narrative Exposure Therapy - Hakon Stenmark and Merethe Hellen
- Organisational Management of Traumatic Stress
- Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms (MUPS) & PTSD
- Couples Therapy for PTSD using Cognitive Behavioural Conjoint Therapy - Clare Crole-Rees & Neil Kitchiner
- The development and facilitation of an emotion & memory group programme for the treatment of Complex PTSD - Dr Georgina Clifford
- Beyond reliving in PTSD treatment: Advanced skills for overcoming common obstacles in memory work - Dr Hannah Murray & Dr Sharif Elleithy
Enhancing interpersonally & emotionally sensitive CBT - Workshop presented by Dr Frank Wills, facilitated by University of South Wales - Glyntaff - July 2013
Theory and Practice of Cognitive Node-Link mapping - Turning Point
CBT for substance dependence - Clinical Psychology Associates
Bereavement counselling - various - CRUSE Swansea and Carmarthen
Transactional Analysis (TA101) - Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership - Dr Juan Delport
Creative Arts in Counselling - Swansea University
Working with Families - Newport University
Diversity - Lessons from Transgender Clients - Swansea University
Working therapeutically in the field of HIV - Christie O'Connor
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
EMDR Association UK
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial assessment session of up to 90 mins for £50 - private clients only (EAP and Medico-legal referrals negotiable)
Subsequent costs depend on the type of counselling used :-
- CBT therapy sessions of 50-60 minutes.
- CRM and EMDR therapy sessions of up to 90 minutes.
- evening/weekend appointments
I currently have availability for :-
'Face to Face' ... and ..... VIRTUAL on-line ZOOM sessions
Evening and Weekend sessions are negotiable.
GP, Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) and Company referrals are welcomed.