Dr. David Henderson
Psychotherapy is a unique form of conversation. It unfolds and deepens over time. Speaking about emotional pain can feel risky. Discovering the honesty and courage to put your experience into words can contribute to the development of insight and self-confidence.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Humanistic Psychology
- Diploma in Transpersonal Psychology
- Diploma in Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Supervision
- MA, Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies, University of Essex
- PhD, Goldsmiths, University of London
- Registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
- Member of the British Psychotherapy Foundation (BPF)
- Member of the British Jungian Analytic Association (BJAA)
- Member of the International Association for Analytical Psychology (IAAP)
- Member of the British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision (BAPPS)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware. - Martin Buber