IRENE STONE BA (Hons), MBACP (accred.), HPD, DipCHyp, NLP Prac, CNHC reg
Welcome to my profile!
Choosing the right counsellor or therapist is a key step in achieving whatever need brought you here, so I’ve done my best to provide you with what I hope will help you decide if I’m the right person for you.
I am a BACP accredited Counsellor, Supervisor and Cognitive Hypnotherapist/NLP coach. I trained at the prestigious Metanoia Institute(www.metanoia.ac.uk) and attained a BA (Hons) in person centred counselling (validated by the Middlesex University). I have worked with individuals, couples, groups and supervisees since 2002. I am also a fully qualified Cognitive Hypnotherapist and NLP Practitioner having attained my diploma from The Quest Institute (www.questinstitute.co.uk).
I run a private practice in Lightwater, where I see individuals, couples and supervisees.
I also work as a core counsellor for the Brunel University Counselling Service in Uxbridge in the following settings:
- - individual counsellor for students and staff
- - facilitator for workshops and groups
- - supervisor for associate counsellors and trainee counsellors
As an accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy), I am bound by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice (www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/). And as a cognitive hypnotherapist and member of the CNHC (Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council) I also abide by their code of conduct, ethics and performance.
In accordance with these professional requirements and to maintain good practice I undergo regular supervision to support all my clinical work.
I also hold a current DBS check.
Counselling:"Thank you so much for your time and energy in our sessions together. You have helped me so much by showing me how to survive a very dark time. You have helped me to develop the mental tools to consider and reflect on my issues and process thoughts and feelings without becoming overwhelmed by them. I am so grateful for your kindness and your exceptional skill and expertise. Thank you so much." G, Oxford
"Thank you for helping me to discover myself and for giving me your kind and honest advice to make see myself and others in a different mindset. I appreciate the time you have given me because I am the happiest I have ever been in life and that is hugely because I had you to talk to." S, Uxbridge
"I just wanted to say thank you for all the help and guidance you have given me over the last few months. Things have changed more than I thought was possible and I’m strangely happy (most of the time) in my own skin. It really is quite ‘lovely’. All the best and thanks again." S, West London
Supervision:"Irene Stone is an excellent supervisor, with whom I feel completely safe to explore anything and everything related to client work. I feel totally understood and supported by her. Her professionalism and attention to ethical considerations are central to how she works. She has a knack of understanding my sometimes vague, unclear ramblings and can always offer an absolute gem of a suggestion or different way of looking at something. With Irene you find answers, solutions and ways to move forward in yourself and in your client work. She is sensitive, rigorous and has a great sense of humour. I would highly recommend her as a supervisor." N, Harrow
In previous years I have also worked in the following settings as a counsellor and group facilitator:
• EAR (Employee Assistance Program) - clinical team leader
• Metanoia Counselling & Psychotherapy Service - counsellor for face to face individual work
• Woman's Trust - face to face and group counselling for survivors of domestic violence
• The Genesis Project - group facilitation
• The Mulberry Centre - counselling for cancer sufferers and their family members and the bereaved
• Ealing Abbey Counselling Service - counsellor for face to face counselling and group facilitation
• EASE (Empowering Action & Social Esteem) - teaching counselling skills to buddies of survivors of domestic violence
Training, qualifications & experience
• BA (Hons) Person Centred Counselling Metanoia Institute (validated by Middlesex University)
• Certificate in Couples Counselling
• Certificate in Supervision
• Certificate in Trauma Work
• Use of Humour in the Counselling Relationship
• Domestic Violence Training
• Eating Disorders
• Relational Depth
• Shame and Actualisation
• Fragile, dissociated and Psychotic Process
• Masterclass on Working at Relational Depth in
• Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy
• Certificate in NLP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Over years of working as a counsellor I have gained wide experience in offering confidential support to clients from a variety of backgrounds presenting a range of issues such as
• low confidence and self-esteem
• work and career
• relationships difficulties
• domestic violence (physical, mental, emotional)
• compulsive behaviours
• life changes
• personal development
...and much more...
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Please call me or send me an e-mail.
I work short and long term.
A counselling session lasts for 50min. for individuals and 1 hour for
If a cancellation is made less then 24 hours before the appointment time, the full fee is payable.
£55 for individuals (50min)
£90 for supervision (90min)
£95 for cognitive hypnotherapy (up to 90min. and including audio files)
Private parking available
Within close reach of the M3, A322
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available Monday to Friday 9am till 8am and on Saturdays between 9am and 12pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Welcome to my profile!.