Augusta Wolff MSc (TA Psychotherapy), UKCP Registered
10 Wordsworth Walk
I am Augusta Wolff, a full-time psychotherapist and counsellor in Hampstead Garden Suburb, near Golders Green in North West London. I work with individuals. I offer short-term counselling for specific issues as well as long-term psychotherapy for deeper work.
I have many years of experience, working with a wide range of presenting issues and I am committed to providing psychotherapy and counselling in a confidential and non-judgmental environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Transactional Analysis is the main model I use in my work as a counsellor and psychotherapist.
TA is a wide ranging and sophisticated psychological theory, with ideas on how we become who we are, how we relate to others and how we can make personal changes. It has a strong cognitive behavioural element i.e. how we think about and view ourselves and the world and how this affects our behaviour. I am particularly interested in the recent incorporation of a relational depth theory within TA, which provides a whole methodology enabling therapists to work to effect deeper emotional change within their clients.
I am constantly refining my approach to psychotherapy and counselling through further training, regular monthly supervision and my own personal therapy. This keeps my work fresh and alive, and is a necessary element in working effectively and ethically with my clients.
- I have an MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
- I am a CTA.This means that I have completed 4 years of Advanced Clinical Training in TA Psychotherapy at the Metanoia Institute and I passed my final written and oral exam.
- I am a PTSTA. This means that I am endorsed as a supervisor and trainer by the European Association of Transactional Analysis.
- I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Obesity and body image.
- Boarding School survivors.
- Recurrent patterns of stuck behaviour.
- Illnesses which have not responded to conventional medical treatment.
- Learning difficulties such as dyslexia.
Photos & videos
£60 individual sessions of 50 minutes.
My practice is in Hampstead Garden Suburb, within easy reach of Golders Green Underground Station and with good road links to the A1, M1 and A406. On-street parking is available nearby.
I offer day and evening times.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have spaces available in my practice for daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I consider supervision to be an essential part of working as a psychotherapist or counsellor, or indeed anyone working in the helping professions e.g.View supervision profile