'NOT BOVERRED' TEENAGERS NEED TO FEEL CONNECTED
Heather Roberts of Find YOU…Be YOU Counselling is launching a new programme to help parents who have had enough of their teenagers behaviour.
Heather says: ‘The teenage years can be difficult for both teenagers and parents. It can come to a point where everyone ends up screaming, not talking or worse wanting to leave. There are positive steps that parents can take to help.’
Here are a few of Heathers’ Top Tips for the Parents of Teenagers:
1. Teach your teenagers the things they can do and not the things they can’t
2. Be consistent, a person who stands by there word. Do not make empty threats
3. Look for the chance turn a no into a yes
4. Don’t ever ask a question to which you don't know the answer
5. Know your child’s friends and parents.
‘As a parent your main aim is to keep connected to your teenager even when at times this may seem impossible. Don’t give up, if you do then your child may give up on themselves too,’ says Heather
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.