- Expert articles>
- I didn't want to wake up in the morning and face the day. I was dying on the...
I didn't want to wake up in the morning and face the day. I was dying on the inside.
This is what depression is like for some people.
It may feel like this for you too.
I do not want to wake up in the morning and face another day. The pain within me is intense, although people keep telling me that I look well. But inside I am dying, crying, screaming, living in despair. Each day a cloud follows me around, a burden weighs me down... it is a heavy load.
You may also experience the following:
- Eating all the time... or not eating at all.
- My home is a mess, I no longer open the door. I cannot manage anymore.
- I am lonely.
- Always tired when I awake, even though I slept all night.
- Smoking heavily or drinking more.
- I do not want to do things that I loved doing before.
- I wear a mask to prevent others seeing my truth but I want to be seen.
- Hiding my pain behind busyness.
I do not want to feel this pain any longer. Please help me am I 'mad'.
Maybe you too feel like this but what can you do?
Psychotherapy can help you to feel better. You can have a space just for you to talk about your feelings and concerns. You can work through your problem in your own time without judgement and receive help to reduce the stress or worry you may be experiencing.
Related articles from our experts
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.