How to avoid low self-esteem
- Always value yourself, if you don’t then no one else will.
- The only person that is responsible for creating your destiny is you, and no one else; so you can't expect other people to make you happy, if you are not happy with yourself.
- You can’t truly love or receive love without falling in love with who you really are.
- Improve your esteem by treating yourself as you would treat a valued friend.
- Learn to identify your full potential, and your purpose in life (learn to focus on your strengths and work on areas of development).
- Setting goals gives you a purpose, vision and direction in life. You can do one thing daily towards your desired goal.
- Take care of yourself by, exercising, having a balanced diet and getting enough rest.
- Be conscious of what you feed your mind with.
- Be aware of what you focus your time, money and energy on. It is mostly positive or negative?
- Stop trying to please people; it is not good for your emotional well-being and you can never please everyone, even if you tried to.
- Be positive, negative energy can be draining.
- Enjoy your hobbies.
- Consistency is the key to success.
- Challenges are part of life. It helps to develop your character, grow and come out of your comfort zone.
- There is nothing wrong with making mistakes, but avoid making the same mistakes over and over again. If something you are doing is not working, then you must learn to do things differently.
- Create time to nurture yourself, even if you have a busy schedule.
- Learn to give yourself, what you desperately need from others (love).
Never ever give up on yourself.
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Kate Megase
My aim is to help you with any problem or emotional pain, which you are finding hard to handle on your own, resolve these difficulties, achieve your goals and provide you with the tools to ensure long-lasting success.Counselling can help you with those difficult times in life when you need to resolve a problem which is stopping you from achieving your personal best. As a therapist, I believe that … Read more
Located in Croydon.
Can also offer telephone / online appointments.
To book an appointment, please get in contact: