January is a motivational time of resolutions and aspirations, yet for some it is a time of darker days and wanting to hide away.
Do you find yourself suffering with any of these symptoms? Then that could be an indication to seek help:
- Feeling tired all the time.
- Loss of energy.
- Sadness that stays longer than normal.
- Low self confidence/compassion.
- No longer gaining enjoyment from the things that used to bring you joy.
- Anxiety more frequent.
- Avoiding people or friends.
- Feeling helpless/hopeless.
- Sleeping difficulties.
- Loss of appetite or overeating unhealthy foods.
- Loss of sex drive.
- Physical aches and pains.
- Thoughts of suicide or death.
- Self harm.
Experiencing any of those symptoms for longer than is normal for you, could be an indication to seek medical advice.
Experiencing more than three to four symptoms over a longer time is usually a sign to seek medical advice in the form of a doctor or a therapist, and could be an indicator of depression.
Seeking advice and help from a doctor or therapist is a healthy option.
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
About Sandra Williams
My background is NHS health care, youth work and mindfullness. In addition I am a reiki practitioner/teacher and provide relaxation and meditation skills on request, a useful way to deal with stress, anxiety and depression.
I specifically work with depression anxiety/disorder, stress, childhood issues, trauma.