Working with narcissistic personality disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder is sometimes a label that causes helping professionals to either avoid working with people who have the diagnosis or to experience a feeling of inferiority in their presence.
This often leads to people with the diagnosis of NPD being portrayed in a negative way. These are people who play a valuable role in society and for whom a sad story lies behind their way of being.
This workshop aims to provide participants with a useful understanding of NPD and some knowledge, skills and attitudes to work with it.
Aims of the event
- To explore the diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder
- To outline difficulties in treating NPD and how to work with these
- To highlight treatment options that are effective in the treatment of NPD
- To develop an appreciation of the value of schema modes in the treatment of NPD
- To highlight the importance of the therapists' way of being
- To examine interventions that improve quality of life
More information at https://npd-jan-18.eventbrite.co.uk
About the host
Greenwood Events organises affordable CPD workshops in Scotland. This is achieved through collaboration and partnership working between experienced counsellors and trainers and Greenwood Events. www.greenwoodevents.co.uk