Working therapeutically with adults who were abused as children - CPD for counsellors
Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) remains a dominant theme in the media. Scotland is currently subject to a public inquiry into the non-recent (historical) abuse of children in a residential setting over the last 100 years. This will clearly have an impact on client work.
The course will:
- Introduce participants to the complex nature of CSA.
- Ensure they feel confident exploring CSA in the counselling room.
- Explore the impact of CSA for relationships.
- Present ways of working therapeutically with clients who disclose CSA.
- Listen to the ‘voices’ of both a survivor and perpetrator.
- Refer to current research in the impact of non-recent CSA.
- Provide information on the current Scottish child abuse inquiry and how this might impact on clients.