Understand and overcome emotional eating - online course
Research suggests that emotional eating accounts for up to 85-95% of weight gain.
So, if you have often felt that your eating is out of control and almost impossible - you are not far from the truth.
Eating habits are formed from the moment we are born. When we are babies we only need food - we are born with a primal instinct that tells us food = survival.
Over the years, this need for food as a means to stay to alive becomes distorted and we often confuse our want of food for a need and as we get older, these signals get mixed up and we become reliant on food as a way to regulate our emotions.
It is deep-rooted into our psyche and it all happens on an unconscious level.
I could ask you not to think of a giant chocolate cake with layer upon layer of fudge - or a huge slab of cheese - but you have just pictured it. You cannot control the unconscious - and this is where food habits are stored.
So, it's no wonder we struggle. It's no wonder our 'successful' diet only lasts for a few months (if you are lucky maybe a year or more).
If we don't understand and address our relationship and need for food - then how can we be expected to stop our unhealthy eating?
it's easy to count calories and cut down on food - but only in the short term.
The Moody Food programme does just that. Understand the mood to overcome the food.
What you can expect:
The online programme consists of eight modules designed to help you understand and overcome your own emotional eating.
- You will be guided through your own unique relationship with food.
- Each module will reveal the complexities and emotional triggers to your own eating habits.
- You will discover why you eat the way you do.
- You will learn to identify the situations that trigger bad eating habits and why.
- You will learn a new way to cope with these situations by understanding why they trigger certain unwanted emotions.
- You will have online sessions with me to discuss what you have discovered.
- These session will help you further understand your food triggers and will help embed your discoveries in your psyche and accelerate changes in you attitude to food and eating.
- The programme is rounded off with an optional personalised hypnotherapy session which uses everything you have discovered in the previous weeks.
- The aim of this session is to undo the habits you have identified and embed new healthier attitudes instead.
As an added benefit, you will probably notice your confidence improving week by week as you learn more and more about yourself. This new confidence will accelerate your desire for change. The two go hand-in-hand.
Previous users of the Moody Food Programme have lost weigh during the sessions but have found their weight loss is more pronounced after the final hypnotherapy session.
And the good news? It can often be a life-long change. This means no more diet clubs, no weigh-ins, no calorie counting, no food restrictions.
If you have a healthier approach to yourself, to food and to life - you won't need to force yourself to restrict food - healthy eating will be natural (with a little bit of what you like thrown in too).
About the host
Claire McRitchie is an experienced qualified psychodynamic psychotherapist and hypnotherapist. Founder of the Moody Food Programme which was designed after years of working with NHS patients and linking emotional distress to comfort eating. Accredited member of BACP with years of experience supporting people with emotional eating habits.