Training trainers course
This modular course is for qualified and experienced counsellors and psychotherapists who are now working or thinking of working as trainers of counsellors or psychotherapists in further or higher education, whether this is within a college, university or private training centre. Each two-day module will offer a mix of theory, practice and experiential work.
Module topics include:
- QAA benchmark statement for counselling and psychotherapy and the UKCP professional occupational standards for psychotherapy and psychotherapeutic counselling (humanistic and integrative psychotherapies.
- Theories of education and training.
- Teaching methods and styles.
- Marking assignments and writing feedback.
- Dealing with challenging students.
- Supervision of training.
- Developing a personal style.
All the modules will be tailored to meet the specific needs of participants.
Cathy has over 20 years experience as a trainer, 12 of which has been training counsellors and psychotherapists. She was the EATA English and other languages CTA exam coordinator for 5 years and in 2010 was presented with a silver medal by EATA for her work. In 2010 she was awarded a doctorate in psychotherapy for her research into TA psychotherapy training. She is a member of the UKATA training standards committee and EATA COC and author of What You Really Need to Know About Counselling and Psychotherapy Training: An Essential Guide published by Routledge in 2014.
Maximum group size: 10
Times: Thursday 10am-5pm and Friday 10am-5pm
Fees: £150 per two day workshop.
Further enquiries: Cathy on 07428 551163 or via the contact us form if you require any further information.