The foundations of therapeutic counselling
In this full day workshop we will be exploring the key facets of therapeutic practice including:
- The definition and goals of counselling
- Importance of the therapeutic relationship
- Therapeutic empathy
- Qualities of effective counsellors
- Techniques of counselling: attending behaviours and the use of questions
- An overview of observational awareness
- Discussion about how people experience reality, including Freud's topographical model, conscious and unconscious, sensate and emotional.
- Exploration of the realms of holding and containment
This workshop is appropriate for counsellors and therapists of all levels of experience and can be used as an educative practice, a tool for self reflection about current practice and ongoing professional development. It is also aimed towards practitioners in other fields such as hypnotherapists, healers and social workers who can gain insight from attending this workshop.
This workshop constitutes the first in a series of five, however each workshop represents a stand-alone training module. CPD certificates are available upon request for each workshop or the workshop series.
- Workshop hours: 10am to 5pm.
- Workshop cost: £60.00 per day.
This workshop will be facilitated by Paula Fenn BACP (Accred) who is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist, regression therapist, hypnotherapist and healing practitioner in private practice.
About the host
Paula Fenn is a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist in private practice in the Bath area. She holds a Masters Degree in counselling but is also trained and experienced in energy healing, crystal therapy, hypnosis, spirit release and past life regression. In her classes she aims to communicate a fusion between traditional and contemporary concepts.